Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don't just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for you. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Our Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Server, Storage, Networking and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the regions.
We are currently looking for a Procurement Engineer to be part of the EG Supply Chain business.
Ensure the quality, reliability, and availability of purchased materials. Responsible for the qualification of supplier processes and purchased material for conformance to product specification and company programs such as Social Environmental Responsibility (SER). Monitors purchased materials through the product lifecycle. Communicates and resolves supplier-related problems as they occur. Responsible for supplier development and corrective actions. Supports the manufacturing process by ensuring commodities used in producing products are readily available, meet quality requirements, and are cost efficient. Evaluates supplier capabilities to ensure production output can meet the company demand in both normal and abnormal supply conditions (i.e. multiple sourcing, geographic diversity). Works with other quality functions to audit suppliers as appropriate to ensure performance to the company quality objectives.
- Supports portions of the global engineering relationship with a supplier of external hardware, components, materials, or services for the development and manufacturing of a product or service line.
- Develops understanding of and relationship with outside suppliers and internal product development and manufacturing teams.
- Tests, troubleshoots, and debugs defective product units, sub-assemblies, and process steps based on established testing plans; validates testing parameters and summarizes test results for product to identify supplier quality issues.
- Tracks and records customer feedback and results of manufacturing, test, and quality assurance processes for product.
- Works with suppliers to implement specified changes to product or process to reduce defects, improve quality, and lower costs.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent.
- Min 1 year relevant experience within a technology sector
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience or understanding of engineering and testing tools and software packages.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Basic understanding of material properties and hardware and electrical component design.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top