Process & Capabilities Ana II
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity
- Communicates project status, process standards and changes, and issues and workarounds, clearly and succinctly to business and operations support team.
- Owns the research and data analysis for moderately complex projects.
- Represents the needs of the business during process improvement projects.
- Collaborates with operational teams and business stakeholders to gather business requirements, supporting the design of new or improved processes of low complexity, and understand business/customer impact.
- Utilizes standard project management and quality improvement methodologies as appropriate.
- Supports processes/programs that impact multiple business units and/or countries.
Education and Experience Required
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically 2-4 years of related experience in IT/business operations.
- Typically 1-3 years of project management experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Broad knowledge of company operational processes.
- Intermediate understanding of core company businesses and the revenue cycle.
- Solid communication skills (i.e. written, verbal, presentation). Mastery in English and local language as well as other languages as required.
- Sound knowledge and experience in process area and able to suggest process improvements.
- Basic project management skills.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top