OSM Problem Manager
The DII project is contracted to supply bothhardware and software infrastructure solutions to support the MoD transition toa common base solution, whilst ensuring ongoing connection and support to“legacy” systems and the ultimate transfer of such into the DII solution. Thisis a multi-phased operation involving the development of many new solutions andthe re-implementation of existing products in the DII environment.
The OSM Problem Management team isresponsible for the day to day management of all of the problem records withinthe Operational Service Management (OSM) team. The OSM Problem Manager’s keyresponsibilities are to ensure that the ATLAS DII contractual KPIs areachieved, the MSPs are performing effectively, reports are produced as per theagreed timescales, third party contractual obligations are implemented to meetagreed requirements, risks are minimised, governance structures are maintainedand business continuity is implemented per the Contract.
This role involves a detailed knowledge ofthe agreed contractual requirements.
The role requires the ability to work in a highlypressurized client operational environment, demonstrating full situationalawareness and delivering clear and concise updates at the expected tempo.
The OSM Problem Management teamfunctionally reports to the OSM Problem Management Lead.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Proactively work with all ManagedService Provider (MSP) Incident Managers to resolve problem records and preventthe recurrence or replication of incidents or known errors
- Identify and manage theunderlying causes of Service Incidents whilst minimising disruption to thecustomer
- Responsible for all integralparts of Problem Management, including Problem Control, Error Control, ErrorManagement
- Liaison with the ChangeManagement team to ensure that where necessary permanent fixes are implementedin compliance with the change management process
- Ensure that all problemresolutions are implemented to prevent reoccurrence of incidents, includingupdating the full details of the solution and the workaround on the KnowledgeBase and associated existing Work Instructions
- Monitor the progress of all OSMand MSP problem records, escalating to the Problem Mgt Leader; OSM OperationsManager and SIAM (customer function) as appropriate
- Identify areas of improvementsand efficiencies
- Operational Problem Management experience
- Ability to cope under pressure in a highly visible military environment
- Ability to work under their own initiative without constant guidance
- Investigating Incidents using the 5Y’s to identify Root Cause
- Comprehensive knowledge of ITIL processes, ideally ITIL certified
- Familiarity with secure system development and MoD and Government security standards
- Ability to produce the necessary documentation
- Analytical skills to facilitate investigation and diagnosis of root cause
- Adherence to appropriate standards and procedures
- Ability to work in close co-operation with customer and MSP staff
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- DII experience
- Experience of technologies use within the service VMWare, Active Directory, HP Radia, Windows etc.
- Good personal interfacing abilities.
Must be eligible to pass Security clearance (SC level).
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top