Principal Architect - Big Data & Hybrid Data Management
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services is one of the world’s leading services organizations, serving more than 400 of the Fortune 500 companies and more than 1,000 businesses and government agencies in 135 countries. We help our clients focus their IT investments to better engage with their customers, manage risk, tackle the explosion of data, and transition to a new style of IT. Through our seven interconnected practices, we advise, transform, and advance each enterprise, no matter where they are in their journey. We also bring the best of HPE together to deliver innovative solutions that matter to our clients. Leveraging HPE’s portfolio we offer end-to-end solutions for today’s IT environments.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE Enterprise Services as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
The APJ Regional Chief Architect Big Data Analytics and Hybrid Data Management is essential in helping our clients on their transformation journey by architecting the right platform for the organization’s workloads – a Hybrid Data Management platform including both traditional DW technologies for structured data, and Big Data technologies for all new types of data. The infrastructure deployments will span across on-premises, virtual private cloud, and public cloud.
The APJ Regional Chief Architect works closely with a team of solution architects, data scientists and technology experts to design, architect and validate solutions, and advises major clients across a variety of industries, with a focus on Financial Services, Manufacturing, Retail and Public Sector.
Successful candidates will demonstrate both leadership and technical expertise:
Key area of expertise include:
- Hybrid Data Management platforms integrating structured and unstructured data
- Deployment models spanning across on-premises, virtual private cloud, public cloud
- Big Data and NoSQL technologies and architectures
- Traditional structured Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Modeling and ETL
- Data Virtualization and Data Federation
- Business Intelligence and Predictive Analytics
- Data Governance and Information Management
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Provide architectural leadership and guidance for the Client and internal teams
- Architect hybrid data management platforms leveraging a comprehensive set of technologies, both proprietary and open source, to meet the specific client need
- Lead client conversations (presentations and workshops) in advisory and pre-sales situations
- Provide expert architectural and solution design skills to assist in scope, initial designs, estimates
- Support business development, pre-sales (RFP) activities and delivery activities
- Build/Contribute to Reference Architecture and re-usable assets and IP
- Mentor and lead Solution Architects and other technical teams
The position will be based out of India with responsibility covering the Asia Pacific / Japan region. International travel of 50% or more is therefore required.
Education and Experience Required:
Industry experience 10 years to 15 years Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to understand the customer’s business problem, need, or opportunity and to design an IS solution that appropriately addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity.
- Ability to lead a team of two or more consultants in the completion of one or more architecture, requirements, operational, or implementation deliverables.
- Ability to lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of medium to large business unit level Information Technology (IT) based solutions (typically within multiple technology or specialty areas).
- Be able to provide architectural direction for multiple medium sized projects concurrently. For larger engagements, a single active project is reasonable.
- Understands and applies information system or operational solution related modeling methods and tools.
- Can validate/evaluate if an information systems or operational architecture meets technical requirements and specifications
- Familiar with multiple architectural, development and operational methodologies (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF, Information Technology (IT) service Management, (ITSM)…)
- Applies appropriate methodologies and Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge to resolve complex business issues. Business Acumen:
- Identifies risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution based on similar efforts done with other customers.
- Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into specific technology or operational recommendations.
- Ability to apply business management and financial concepts, capital investment, financial modeling, and general aspects of business contracts. Use this knowledge to analyze business needs and develop meaningful system or operational recommendations.
- Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers. Technical:
- Deep IT industry knowledge in specific areas.
- Understands future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business requirements (“trusted advisor” role).
- Deep knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices in specific areas and how to apply them appropriately in solutions
- Expert or Master level of knowledge of specific technologies, IT operations, or IT disciplines
- Able to design planning for accessibility, scalability, and availability Engagement Delivery:
- Ability to write Statements of Work for medium to large business unit level solutions that span multiple technologies or operational areas.
- Ability to apply program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of targeted goals for medium to large business unit level projects.
- Successfully works on project teams (individual success defined by how the organization works as a team, including resource and skill sharing across the organization). Opportunity Pursuit :
- Able to play a leadership role in business development activities for medium to large opportunities.
- Lead in identifying, qualifying, and closing medium to large opportunities
- Position HP offering against the competition
- Be able to provide HP with voice of the account
- Play key role in preparing proposals and bids for medium to large opportunities
- Manage internal reviews and contribute to Solution Opportunity Approval and Review (SOAR) process for medium to large opportunities
- Build rapport and trust with client
- Demonstrates excellent consultative, solution selling skills. Leadership
- Collaborates effectively with the project manager to manage regional medium to large projects as necessary. For architectures of project scope may include the technical management of customer staff assigned to implementation team.
- Plays a leading role in the Architect profession at the local level.
- Makes consistent and ongoing contributions (at least 2 per year) to HP knowledge systems.
- Make formal recommendations to customers to improve the level of job satisfaction for other HP employees working on the project.
- Can contribute in the development of new HP services and modifications to the methodology.
- Assists in development and delivery of training.
- Coaches and mentors Specialist level architects
- Participates in defining HP unit’s processes, standards, and policies Consulting:
- Build and manage long term strategic relationships at Business Unit leader and Core I/O Only (CIO), Configure to Order (w/0D1) (CTO) level.
- Good customer influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability to tactically consider all sides of an issue within the contexts of time, breadth, and range of options.
- Ability to systematically gather, assess and apply organizational, technical, operational, and sales/marketing information for business decisions.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a trustable image.
- Ability to articulate technical or operational problems or issues into understandable business terms. Communication:
- Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer’s senior level management.
- Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including senior level management.
- Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with the customer. Communicates a mix of Strategic information and Tactical information.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top