Pricing Strategist - Software Defined and Cloud Group
The Software Defined and Cloud Group has the mission of defining and developing the next generation of software-enabled hybrid IT solutions to provide the simplest experience for our customers to consume and operate their business workloads and applications.
Our portfolio includes:
- Integrated software-defined systems
- Automation and orchestration management software to seamlessly align applications with the underlying infrastructure
- HPE cloud capabilities that enable developers and data center operators to effortlessly build cloud applications in their Hybrid IT environments
In this role at HPE, you’ll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You’ll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you’ll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?
This role for a Pricing Operations Manager would be responsible for pricing operations for the SDCG product portfolio with responsibility for price strategy, operations, analytics, governance and infrastructure, and discount structure and guidance.
The team’s focus is on balancing the needs of the Business Units and the Sales Organization to ensure increased market share at acceptable profit levels. In this role, you will apply advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues and be relied upon to exercise significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to achieve desired results.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Determine appropriate pricing models for SDCG products in close collaboration with the product management team.
- Operational implementation of pricing models including set up and ongoing lifecycle maintenance of SKUs for all SDCG products including Helion Cloud System, Helion OpenStack and Helion Stackato.
- Provide special pricing support, including deal consulting, qualification, solution development and approval. Manage/drive Business Unit pricing escalations.
- Analyze competitive pricing and profitability dynamics for all large volume sales opportunities. Assist in the development and implementation of margin improvement initiatives.
- Applying pricing skills to other areas in operations as required
- Collaborate with field sales resources, Service, Marketing, Finance and Operations staff in order to ensure completeness and consistency of proposals.
- Respects HPE’s confidentiality and private information policies by only disclosing information to those authorized to know.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business preferred.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong aptitude and experience in PC and spread sheet applications. Ability to independently manage complex financial modelling.
- Understanding of financial concepts
- Demonstrates a strong willingness to learn. Must be a self-starter able to work independently based on direction from manager.
- Sales experience an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
- Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
- Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
- Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top