Pricing Analyst - Specialist
Pricing Analyst - Specialist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities.
Global Sales Operations for Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an exciting and dynamic organization responsible for driving the operation in support of our Customers, Partners and Sales force as well as leading and defining the improvements to experiences to enable growth for HPE.
Develops, implements and utilizes processes and tools to enable the sales life-cycle (pricing, orders, invoicing, opportunity assessment, field inventory management and other sales pipeline analytics and forecasting solutions). Reports and analyzes order pipeline, bookings, revenue forecasting, revenue reporting, sales productivity and goal attainment. Maintains and enhances sales force automation systems, product/service costing models, and margin management tools/systems to effectively monitor and manage revenue/expenses.
- • Implement/deploy single and multi-business unit pricing strategies.
- Able to work directly with sales, customers and stake holders to help them win business opportunities thru a competitive pricing
- Engage in cross-unit discussions with other sales and sales development (pricing) resources to optimize the overall HPE solution and pricing.
- Engage appropriate resources (i.e. contracts) as necessary to craft and position pricing and contract terms necessary to win business.
- Implement contractual pricing
- Provide financial analysis to meet discounts and margin targets
- Able to provide recommendations on business escalations to the BU approvals to support good sales opportunities.
- Provide pricing approvals for RFPs, RFQs, contracts and quotations.
- Drives multiple operational processes, such as configuration & quote, deal coordination, bid management, margin analysis, Customer Resource Management, revenue recognition, invoicing, or organizational sales reporting.
- Acts as a project manager for moderately complex, small to medium projects.
- Produces moderately complex deliverables, analyses and reports using business applications, making recommendations and/or decisions on common issues.
- Drives continuous process refinement and improvement by applying a solid understanding of internal business processes and policies.
- Understands business issues and makes appropriate recommendations by applying intermediate subject matter expertise.
- Provides guidance and leadership to entry level employees.
- Impacts team as a project manager on small, low complexity projects.
- May have exposure to some global projects as a team member.
- Leads multiple complex pricing strategies and special pricing operational processes
- Acts as a project manager for complex to large projects.
- Owns highly complex business sensitive deliverables; interprets complex analyses and reports, making recommendations and/or decisions on moderately complex issues.
- Provides expert direction and guidance to process improvements and establishment of policies.
- Solves complex business issues and make appropriate recommendations by applying advanced subject matter expertise.
- Provides leadership and training on specific processes to entry and intermediate level employees.
- Impacts multiple teams on large projects.
- Leads cross-region projects.
- Networks with other cross-functional teams to share business knowledge
- Designs and implements portions of processes and tools to provide sales forecasting, analytics and metrics, quotes and pricing, order management, invoicing, and operations support for a customer segment or business unit
- Evaluates portions of sales operations processes and activities using relevant analytics, standards and metrics for the assigned area
- Reviews evaluation results to identify trends and issues, perform analysis, develop recommendations for improvements to tools and processes and track effectiveness of changes
- Communicates process and tool issue analysis to stakeholders
- implements specified changes to a process or tool to improve performance and increase efficiency
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's in Business Management or equivalent
- Typically 2-4 years of experience in a business related function, preferably finance, business, analytics, accounting, or compensation which required strong problem solving/analytical skills in Finance, Sales or Marketing.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience designing and implementing policies, processes, and tools to provide operations support for sales activities
- Strong analytical, statistics and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of and experience in applying business and sales operations practices and process design to situations
- Using forecasting and planning methodologies to develop guidance for deploying sales and operational resources and activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate sales operations plans, proposals, and results, and negotiate options at management levels.
- Expert knowledge and skills with business applications (e.g., Excel and Compass).
- Ability to lead a team.
- Advanced understanding of internal business processes and policies.
- Solid business acumen and understanding of pricing, finance and sales concepts
What do we offer?
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top