Manages the product/services/solution (PSS) life cycle. From an understanding of customer needs/insights, provides initial product/service/solution design, pricing, value proposition, messaging and/or whole product strategies (packaging, warranty, service, support), as well as forecasting through product introduction. Regional product marketing includes actual forecasting, inventory strategy and forecasting, actual pricing and price promotions/discounting, technical support and ultimately the obsolescence and end-of-life of the PSS. Both regional and global roles regularly work with the sales force, customers, and partners to accelerate sales process. Applies market and customer insights on customer experience requirements and brand loyalty to define the PSS experience requirements across all PSS components of the customer life cycle. Represents the voice of the customer with respect to PSS development/pricing, launch, refresh and obsolescence.
- Define pricing strategy in cooperation with Marketing, R&D and solutions teams.
- Determine appropriate PSS family positioning prior to introduction.
- Manage price through the product lifecycle by evaluating product statistics (competitive position, discounts, % escalated, margin, revenue trend, etc).
- Influence third parties to enhance solutions capabilities.
- Provide closed-loop post-analysis of PSS family strategies.
Education and Experience Required:
- College degree in Marketing/Business/Technical.
- MBA preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to summarize and present a business case to senior management.
- Demonstrated analytical skillset.
- Highly knowledgeable of product/solution family and the business needs of the target customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general marketing function either through education or work experience.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top