Presales Technology Consultant for Solutions
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
Presales Technology Consultant
Your key tasks:
- Gathers and assesses customer technical needs
- Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion)
- Identifies site-specific parameters and constraints that impact the solution
- Identifies probable competition
- Solicits inputs from other experts as required
- Investigates and optimizes a solution’s fit to the requirements of an opportunity
- Adapts solution design to new requirements
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components
- Generates an implementation plan with timelines for the solution
- Creates the appropriate test plan as required
- Anticipates some of the potential challenges for the proposed project plan
- Assists peers in area of expertise as needed
- Maintains excellent communications with customers
- Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications
- Engages appropriate additional technical resources as needed
- Provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed
- Contributions have some impact in assigned territory or Regional Business Unit (BU), contributes to the presales direction for the Country or some areas of a BU
- Breadth of influence goes across the Presales and Sales organization within the Country and is sought, valued and used
What do we expect?
Education and Experience Required:
- Technical University or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Typically 3-5 years experience in technical selling
- Technical and/or solution experience in industry
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Demonstrates strong technical capabilities in assigned area of specialization
- Has demonstrated hands-on level skills with some of the technology
- Demonstrates good questioning techniques and related communications skills
- Strong technical selling skills
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top