Presales Technical Consultant Big Data/Vertica
Are you a data rock star? Are you passionate about solving challenging data and analytics problems in a customer facing position? Do you want to work with Vertica, an industry leading MPP analytics platform founded by Turing Award winner Dr. Michael Stonebraker?
We are growing our stellar presales team with great individuals who will be responsible for breaking down the technical barriers for the adoption of our Big Data platform. This will include being the technical liaison for the sales team focused on presenting our technology to help solve customers’ critical business issues. You will have the opportunity to work with a tremendous engineering and sales team, wear many hats and make an immediate impact. This will be a hands-on customer facing technologist role, you will not just be doing slideware.
Present the HPE Big Data technology and vision to executives and technical contributors at prospects and customers.
Work hands-on with prospects and customers to demonstrate and communicate the value of our technology throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to design and implementation.
Continuously learn and update skills in quickly evolving Big Data technologies. Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve our products and marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical area; advanced degree preferred
- 5 years in a customer facing role (pre-sales or post-sales technical role)
- Deep expertise in at least one area: Databases, SQL, Search Engines, Information Retrieval
- Hands-on, technical, problem solver
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to develop strong relationships with key decision makers & influencers within an organization
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top