PreSales Solution Architect
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data centre to workplace applications, our technology & services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive & more secure.
Our Enterprise Group business unit works to streamline innovation & simplify IT with superior solutions & supports our customers with the transformation & integration of their technology. By combining Enterprise Server, Storage & Networking & Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”.
An excellent opportunity within Enterprise Group exists for a PreSales Solution Architect. This role will be based in Melbourne & report to the Solutions & Technology Manager. The PreSales Solution Architect supports a team of SMB Account Managers dedicated to the ‘‘Southern region” (Victoria, WA, SA, Tasmania).
- Represents HPE as technical IT expert with Customers & Channel Partners
- Provides technical expertise & architects workload solutions to shape customer opportunities
- Design & development of detailed proposals to meet customer requirements
- Incorporates key IT Infrastructure aspects such as security & control in proposed solutions
- Helps maintain HPE’s credibility & customer/sales satisfaction by developing trusted relationships with customer stakeholders throughout project sales cycle
- Attend Customer or Partner meetings, workshops & perform demonstrations & presentations
- Investigate & optimize a solution’s fit to the requirements of an opportunity
- Actively support the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, & other customer communications
- Understand & maintain knowledge of the competitive environment & competitor’s strategies in the marketplace; identifies likely competition for sales opportunities
It is expected that you will possess the following knowledge & skills:
- You will have 2 years demonstrable experience in a technical role. You may already have consultative engagement/presales experience or you may have a background as an Engineer performing customer site installations & support & you are now ready develop your skills further in a PreSales role
- Broad technical proficiency across the following:- Intel x86; Storage Systems; Virtualization Solutions (e.g. VMware, HyperV); Servers; Operating Systems (UNIX, Linux & Microsoft)
- A passion for technology – you will also enjoy talking & presenting to others, & possess the ability to sell to customers
- Great interpersonal skills & communication skills & the ability to work well as part of a larger team
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to understand customer’s technical needs & translate needs into HPE’s set of offerings
- Previous experience in working with large complex organisations in a customer facing technical role
- Demonstrated experience in working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in either computing or IT or equivalent
- Willingness & ability to travel when required, particularly for customer/partner meeting & demonstrations/presentations
We are a global organization & an “Employer of Choice” with fantastic career opportunities. As a Pre-Sales Solution Architect, we are committed to investing in your future by exposing you to technologies, training & enablement opportunities. HPE also values workplace flexibility, diversity & equal employment opportunities.
To start your career at HPE, apply now!
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top