Let us introduce ourselves
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an organisation that is passionate about developing people – starting with our interns!
When you join the HPE Intern programme you will be part of a sociable and supportive community of around 80 other interns. The office is a relaxed, open plan environment with experienced and approachable colleagues who will constantly offer support to help you reach your full potential. The year will be more than just an internship as the responsibilities you hold will have an impact on HPE’s success. You will mix with all levels of employees and, where appropriate, be given the opportunity to shadow people, visit customers and go to events.
Its currently an exciting time to join the HPE community as we continue our development with our recent company split (the largest split in history).
The technology services department focuses on delivering secure, reliable services whilst enabling rapid business transformation. HPE is a global market leading IT company, focused on providing the New Style of IT by delivering solutions around Cloud, Security, Mobility and Big Data. This role is part of Enterprise Group Technology Services, offering support services to our customers.
What’s the Job?
You will be working alongside the Technology Services (TS) Business Planning and Strategy Manager, a key member of the TS Management team, therefore the successful candidate will be working on high profile tasks and projects with frequent senior management exposure.
In regards to the Engagement Pursuit Centre (EPC) part of the job role, you will still work within the TS team. However, this role is more customer facing as you will work alongside the delivery and sales teams to provide a service for our customers.
The Day to Day?
- Planning, scheduling and managing various meetings to ensure the smooth running of the business
- Assisting with the process of creating the annual business plan which defines the strategy for the coming year and monitoring performance against the strategy plan.
- Preparing monthly employee communication calls with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Become a custodian for certain projects, for example the intern recruitment process.
- Communicate and delegate tasks within the project scope to ensure deadlines are met.
- Working on a variety of different HPE programs to generate pricing for our services.
- Opportunities to visit customers and engage in a more realistic behind the scenes experience of our services.
Education & Experience:
- We are looking for high calibre candidates that are ideally studying a business orientated degree at University and are expected to achieve a minimum of a 2:1 grade.
- A confident candidate who has excellent written and verbal communication skills and can lead by example even in the most demanding of situations.
- You will be working in a constantly changing and fast paced environment therefore you must present skills that show your willingness to adapt to any situation that may arise. Being keen and a willingness to jump in is key.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint is essential. Experience in database management would be beneficial.
- No primary experience in sales is necessary however, you must have solid record of past work experience and/or participation in meaningful extra-curricular activities.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel for report purposes, to manipulate data.
- Understand pivot tables, look ups and to be able to create graphs and charts and show data analysis skills.
- Have a good grasp of Microsoft Powerpoint and the ability/willingness to learn more.
- Ability to manager time effectively.
- Aspirations to have project management skills – Ability to organize yourself and others.
- Logical and methodical in the way you approach tasks.
- Confidence in being able to present ideas to higher management.
- The tenacity to look for simpler but better solutions.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines on prioritize effectively.
- Additional support and training will be given whenever needed to help develop the individual’s personal skills
- Although HPE want the best from you, we want you to get the best from us. HPE can offer you:
- A real working environment where you can experience real business
- The opportunity to contribute and make a difference to the way we work
- Exposure to people in the technology industry and an opportunity to grow your employee network
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top