Presales Enterprise Architect
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data centre to workplace applications, our technology & services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive & more secure.
Our Enterprise Group business unit works to streamline innovation & simplify IT with superior solutions & supports our customers with the transformation & integration of their technology. By combining Enterprise Server, Storage & Networking & Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on Converged Infrastructure.
A new opportunity within Enterprise Group exists for a PreSales Enterprise Architect. Based in Melbourne this role reports to the Presales Manager, Victoria & NSW Solutions Technology. This supports the team of Enterprise Account Managers segmented to Financial Services industry (FSI) accounts within Victoria.
The Enterprise Architect is responsible for providing technical leadership for assigned accounts in the FSI, & engaging proactively with customers & account teams to create/discover opportunities & to drive customer demand.
The Enterprise Architect is an active evangelist of HPEs capabilities, championing IT Solutions for the New Style of Business through technical thought leadership with demonstrated business value. You will be an energetic self-starter with initiative to achieve results. You are engaging & possess the ability to quickly gain credibility with your target audience.
Duties & Responsibilities:-
- Able to act as Account Chief Technologist where required with a focus on Data Centre technologies (DCT) or Cloud opportunities; understands the client’s business & technology strategies, influencing changes to the latter in light of potential business opportunities
- Provides thought leadership focused on business issues, evolving market & customer industry trends, HPE & partner strategic capabilities & the link to customer business outcomes
- Engages proactively with the customer to influence their technology portfolio across the sales transformation areas & technology portfolio
- Bridges technical functionality with the business/financial benefits provided by the solution, & the business challenges it resolves
- Accurately translates & aligns customer business needs with HPE solutions
- Develops & maintains in-depth knowledge of current & emerging technologies & trends
- Optimizes a solution’s fit to the requirements of an opportunity plus the broader customer IT strategy, including identifying/quantifying potential business value where possible
- Leads engagements & is the overall architect for assigned portfolio & accounts
- Builds strong professional relationships with key IT & LOB executives
- Creates & presents ROI/TCO studies, leveraging them to effectively sell value
Key Skills to be successful in the role:
- Ability to think strategically & interface with all levels of management
- Ability to manage conflicts & negotiate sensitive resolution to complex business issues
- Ability to build consensus through demonstrated influencing skills
- Investment decision consulting ability
- Broad knowledge of the Financial Industry, common problems, & customer’s needs
Education & Experience:
- Significant experience in technical consultative engagement (at least 8 years)
- Broad knowledge across technologies including some of the following:- Internet of Things (iOT); Cloud; shared storage services & storage on demand; Storage systems; Virtualization; Servers; & Operating systems (UNIX, Linux & Microsoft)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation & influencing skills
- TOGAF Certification highly regarded
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent preferred
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is committed to career development. You will have access to best in class training & enablement. HPEs values include workplace flexibility, diversity & equal employment opportunities.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top