Presales Engineer - Software
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don’t just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for you. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Every day, HPE Software helps IT organizations perform better. As new technologies—such as mobility, virtualization, and cloud services—make the IT landscape more complex, we give IT leaders the insight and control they need to measure, improve, and communicate IT’s contribution to the business. Across every essential function and every lifecycle phase, we help IT align with business goals, manage hybrid IT environments, guard against security threats, mitigate risks, and comply with regulations.
We are looking for highly motivated, ambitious, career-driven presales engineers to partner with our Account Managers in selling our IT Operations Management (ITOM) product suite and solutions.
Presales Engineer is expected to:
- Identify and assess customer business and technical requirements, and position HPE SW solutions accordingly with consultative technical selling techniques.
- Persuasively communicate the value of HPE SW solution in terms of business value and value differentiation in support of customer business goals.
- Understand the competitive landscape for a specific HPE SW solution domains, and position accordingly in support of driving sales win opportunities.
- Partner with assigned sales representatives serving named accounts and territories to conduct technical presentations and demonstrations of HPESW products and solutions.
- Provide technical support and guidance to customers and collaborate with the sales representatives to advice, position and advocate appropriate customer solutions.
- Drive Proof of Concept (POC) exercise and ensure that the POC is completed successfully.
- Create and maintain relationships with technical stakeholders.
Successful candidates will possess required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s or technical university degree
- Minimum 5- 8 years in technical selling and/or consultative selling
- The motivation to embrace other opportunities for career advancement within HP Enterprise
Successful candidates will possess required knowledge and skills:
- Fair knowledge of other products in the markets, e.g. BMC, IBM, CA or open-sourced products in the IT Operation Management domain.
- Ability to present and demonstrate on a broad knowledge of HPE SW technology and solutions.
- Exhibit excellent communication and presentation skills including questioning techniques.
- Demonstrate passion regarding technical sales and working with customers.
- Understand how IT and enterprise software is used to address the business and technical needs of customers.
- Demonstrate hands-on level skills with relevant and/or related software technology domains.
- Communicate the value of products and solutions in terms of financial return and impact on customer business goals.
- Possess a solid level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with customers on pertinent issues and challenges.
- Represents HPE SW knowledgeably, based on a solid understanding of HPE SW business direction, portfolio and capabilities
Successful candidates will possess critical sales competencies to drive business:
- Drive sales results by contributing to deal prospecting including searching for customer opportunities in named accounts and shaping customer solution vision in support of one or more of the following products and solutions: Operations Bridge, Data Centre Automation, Hybrid Cloud Management and IT Service Management.
- Technical deal qualification by applying technical and solution knowledge to qualify opportunities and identify customer requirements (business and technical)
- Develop solutions that meet customer requirements and advance sale win opportunities
- Leverage technical sales experience and information resources to educate inside sales teams, peers, and customers
- Support the development of account plans that articulate the inside sales strategies essential for focusing sales activities, forecasting, and communicating sales progress
- Ability to leverage HPE SW sales tools and resources, and collaborate across the organization (inside sales, technical sales, support, professional services, etc.) in support of sales activities
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top