Presales Consultant (Storage)
Presales Consultant (Storage)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading technology company. HPE enables enterprises to accelerate their innovation & time to value by making hybrid IT simple. Our values are: Partner. Innovate. Act. We live by three core values that drive our business. Simplified, we are good partners, great innovators & we make things happen.
Responsible for defining, developing & supporting the sales process for technology and solutions with account teams. Engages in account transactions based on technical expertise required in specific deals/programs leveraging specialized knowledge base across multiple accounts. Focuses on area of technical expertise, e.g., specific products/areas within company's global business units. Responsible for technical consulting work with customers in selling and supporting company products, services and systems, or software. Provides technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and customer training.
- Gathers and assesses customer needs, both business and technical.
- Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion).
- Identifies site-specific and corporate parameters and constraints that impact the solution.
- Identifies required project steps.
- Identifies likely problem areas that require attention.
- Identifies probable competition and product roll-out data/training needs and evaluates relative company strengths.
Solution Planning and Design.
- Architects an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer's business requirements.
- Investigates and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity, both current and future.
- Adapts solution design to new requirements.
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components.
- Identifies the growth path and scalability options of a solution and includes these in design activities.
- Generates an implementation plan with timelines for the solution.
- Creates the appropriate test plan as required
- Anticipates some of the potential challenges for the proposed project plan.
- Anticipates and plans for competitive threats.
- Actively identifies opportunities to assist peers Regionally in area of expertise (e.g., writing white-papers).
- Maintains excellent communications with customer executive management across the Region.
- Represents the company as a technical expert with customers; shares knowledge in area of expertise and links to related technology areas.
- Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques.
- Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Communicates and articulates the details of their component roles in a proposed customer solution.
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
- Analyzes and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed.
- Transfers knowledge to Presales peers via mentoring and contributing participation in peer education programs.
- Understands the roles and effectively engages other teams and resources within the company and partners.
- Identifies overlooked opportunities suggested by technical expertise.
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design.
- 10+ years' experience in Pre-Sales roles
- Management experience essential, including demonstrable success in managing the achievement of quotas & other sales-related goals
- Proven track record in leading, building, mentoring & retaining PreSales talent & teams
- Capable of understanding technical products & solutions & articulating a value proposition to customers
- Technical knowledge in one or more of the following preferred:-data centre, storage, hybrid cloud,
- Ability to develop strong relationships
- Excellent presentation & written & verbal communication skills
- Willing & able to travel within region when required
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top