Presales Consultant Storage
Presales Consultant Storage
Responsible for defining, developing & supporting the sales process for technology and solutions with account teams. Engages in account transactions based on technical expertise required in specific deals/programs leveraging specialized knowledge base across multiple accounts. Focuses on area of technical expertise, e.g., specific products/areas within company's global business units. Responsible for technical consulting work with customers in selling and supporting company products, services and systems, or software. Provides technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and customer training.
- Gathers and assesses customer technical needs.
- Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion).
- Identifies site-specific parameters and constraints that impact the solution.
- Identifies probable competition.
- Solution Planning and Design.
- Solicits inputs from other experts as required.
- Investigates and optimizes a solution's fit to the requirements of an opportunity.
- Adapts solution design to new requirements.
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components.
- Generates an implementation plan with timelines for the solution.
- Creates the appropriate test plan as required.
- Anticipates some of the potential challenges for the proposed project plan.
- Assists peers in area of expertise as needed.
- Maintains excellent communications with customers.
- Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques.
- Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor.
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
- Engages appropriate additional technical resources as needed.
- Provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed.
Education and Experience Required:
- Technical University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Typically 3-5 years experience in technical selling.
- Technical and/or solution experience in industry.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the company's portfolio.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of the company's solutions, including company services.
- Demonstrates strong technical capabilities in assigned area of specialization.
- Understands data business center components and how IT is used to address business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a contributing team member for large complex projects.
- Has a high level understanding of the company's product roadmaps for BU's within area of specialization.
- Has demonstrated hands-on level skills with some of the technology.
- Understands basic financial and accounting concepts.
- Understands customer value chain concepts.
- Understands basic business structures and processes in assigned area of responsibility.
- Demonstrates good questioning techniques and related communications skills.
- Strong technical selling skills.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top