Pre Sales Engineer – Security Software
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments & society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services & IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents.
Our Software business unit is dedicated to supporting our customers by providing a wide suite of software including IT Security-focused solutions. Our customers utilise our extensive knowledge & experience of penetration, testing, governance risk & compliance, network security, & remote access.
Software is currently recruiting for a Pre Sales Engineer – Security Software to be based in Melbourne. This role will work closely with our Digital Sales team & Territory Account Managers within ANZ who focus on our security software suite of products. Ideally you will have a keen interest in & demonstrable experience with Security software, including SIEM, Code Security & Encryption Technology, & be comfortable explaining technical software concepts to staff, clients & prospective customers.
- Gathering & assessing customer needs, both business & technical
- Actively supporting the sales & presales teams with solution advice, proposals, presentations & other customer communications
- Contributing to the creation of an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer’s requirements
- Running proof of concepts
- Presenting & demonstrating solutions highlighting their value to customer stakeholders at all levels
- Facilitating a smooth transition from sales to implementation Identifying opportunities via lead generation & customer expansion
- Engaging appropriate additional technical resources as needed
- Contributing to the presales direction for the South Pacific team
Experience & Attributes Required:
- Technical knowledge of security software solutions
- 1 to 3 years experience in technical consultative selling role
- Programming/development experience preferred
- Capable of understanding the customer’s value chain & business requirements when designing & proposing solutions
- Excellent communication, presentation, & problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with decision makers & influencers within an organisation
- Bachelor Degree preferred
You will also be part of a company committed to the values of workforce diversity, equal employment opportunities and workplace flexibility. Career development and relationships are powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture.
About HPE Security Products?
- Leader in Application Security and SIEM market per Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Leader in providing security research data
- Depth of expertise & Knowledge in Security
- Security is the fastest growing area with 46% of businesses investing more in security tools event
- Leader in SOC deployments
For more information on ESP, please visit: http://www.hpenterprisesecurity.com/
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top