Practice Architect - Azure / AWS
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. In a Sales role at HPE, you’ll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You’ll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you’ll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Enterprise Services is one of the world’s leading services organizations, serving more than 400 of the Fortune 500 companies and more than 1,000 businesses and government agencies in 135 countries. We help our clients focus their IT investments to better engage with their customers, manage risk, tackle the explosion of data, and transition to a new style of IT. Through our seven interconnected practices, we advise, transform, and advance each enterprise, no matter where they are in their journey. We also bring the best of HPE together to deliver innovative solutions that matter to our clients. Leveraging HPE’s portfolio we offer end-to-end solutions for today’s IT environments.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE Enterprise Services as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
Presales Solution architect: Cloud Technologies ( Azure/Amazon Web services)
As a Solution Architect within the Workload & Cloud Practice Architects group, you will work closely with our pursuit, technical and leadership teams to define and deliver complex customer solutions. You will be responsible for providing technical sales support and be the cloud subject matter expert for key customer engagements. You will also be responsible for influencing the HP Enterprise Services cloud services strategy.
As our ideal candidate, you will possess the cloud technical and sales expertise needed to lead the design, development, and delivery of compelling solutions. You are a recognized leader within the cloud industry and have contributed knowledge in the form of white papers, research articles, or patents.
At a commercial level, you will have built and deployed cloud solutions in large scale environments. With proven experience overseeing all aspects of cloud solutions, your track record of identifying business opportunities and driving profitable success will be exceptional. Your outstanding relationship building skills and ability to develop strong working partnerships will lead you to success in this exciting opportunity.
Job duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Provide high-level and detailed consultative solutions and technical sales support for selected customer opportunities. Understand business requirements and be able to translate them into technical requirements.
Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners, and potential clients.
Provide consultative support to Solution Architects/Leaders and deal teams.
Mentor Practice Architects in the assigned opportunities. Exhibit leadership and be viewed as a leader by senior management, peers, partners, company and customers.
Publish white papers on given topics for internal or external use. Gather product requirements from field and customer and aggregate and submit findings to the cloud portfolio/practice to drive refinement of solutions and offerings.
Drive add on sales and business opportunities during the entire process in order to contribute to increased sales volumes.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in engineering/computer science or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years systems integration experience
- Minimum 5 years solution architect experience on cloud technologies
- Extensive expertise in providing leadership during customer business discussions, requirements and needs analysis (financial drivers, impacts, and restrictions) and creating technical solutions.
- Excellent communication and relational skills – able to form a trusted advisor relationship with a customer, able to listen and guide a technical discussion, able to clearly articulate complex topics.
- Proven track record with IT customers
- Extensive knowledge and experience with cloud and virtualization technologies, solutions, and architectures.
- Extensive experience selling cloud and virtualization technologies at the engineering level through the CxO level.
- Experience in the integration and proposal of 3rd party suppliers/products for cloud computing solutions. Able to work with and manage customized solutions and products, including 3rd party products.
- MS Azure and AWS architectures
- Traditional Computing, Private and Public Cloud architecture
- Cloud Computing Software (OpenStack, SoftLayer, etc.)
- VMware: ESXi, vSwitch operations, SRM (site recovery manager), View, vCloud
- Hypervisors (Hyper-V KVM, VMWare)
- Networking Protocols, design and products: Ethernet, IP, switching, routing etc.
- Storage networking protocols: Fibre Channel, iSCSI, NFS/CiFS, storage multi-pathing
- X86 hardware solutions.
- Rack and blade server solutions from HP, Oracle, IBM, Dell
- Firewalls/IPS, load balancers, WAN optimization
Cloud/Automation Software: Cloud System Automation
Cloud/Workload migration methodologies
Disaster recovery solutions: backup/recovery, mirroring, active/standby, active/active
High availability architectures and clustering solutions (Oracle RAC, Veritas, et al.)
IaaS, SaaS, PaaS offerings and commercial constructs
SDN, NFV concepts
Knowledge of HP cloud related portfolio and offerings (Helion/Virtual Private Cloud/CSA/etc.) is a plus
Experience with other cloud providers, i.e. Amazon, Google, Microsoft is a plus
Cloud or Virtualization certifications is a plus
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top