Practice Architect - Azure / AWS
Position Title –Practice Architect – Work Load & Cloud (WLC)
Solution Designer – AZURE, Amazon Web Services,nfrastructureas a Service, Mainframe, Storage, Cloud, Data Centre Services
HP Enterprise Services is a leaderin managing, operating, and provisioning IT services (e.g. Workplace, Datacenter,Networking, Application and Business Process services) and has set veryambitious growth objectives. To achieve these challenging goals, HP needs todevelop solutions that meet our clients’ outsourcing objectives.
The Solution Designer:Infrastructure as a Service, Cloud, Datacenter Services
is a member of thepursuit solution team in EMEA Enterprise Services sales engagements. He/she isresponsible for the Infrastructure as a Service and Data Centre solution designthroughout the engagement life cycle (from Opportunity Creation throughContract Signature until solution hand-over to the Account Delivery Team), bothfor new customer engagements as well as for engagements with our installedcustomer base. The Solution Designer closely cooperates with delivery,portfolio and product marketing resources in order to build the most optimizedsolution in terms of cost, price and risk. When required, he/she acts as aninterlock between HP and the Client to ensure the proposed service towersolution addresses the customer’s business needs and can be delivered at thebest possible cost.
PrimaryResponsibilities & Deliverables:
- Manages all deliverables pertaining to therelevant tower including:
- Solution quality (Bill of materials, bill oflabour, Transition and Transformation approach)
- Solution delivery feasibility
- Risk mitigation and assumption management
- Alignment of Client requirements to HP services
- Participates in the development of HP ValueProposition.
- Leads SMEs contributing to the tower solution ona day-to-day basis to manage assignments, schedule and deliverables.
- Participates in resourcing and evaluation oftower resources.
- Provides performance feedback for tower teammembers to their leaders.
- Prepares for and facilitates solution governanceand approval reviews.
- Validates and approves all deliverables for thetower.
- Interfaces with the Solution Lead, ProposalManager and Bid Manager.
- Assumes client-facing role as needed inparticipating in Yellow Pad presentations and other customer briefings.
- Provides guidance and direction to the TowerSMEs.
- Delivers solution, cost/pricing models, andproposal content efficiently, effectively, and timely.
- Provides market price information for thetechnical solution.
- Ensures solution is complete, sound and costedaccurately.
- Obtains acceptance and approval from SolutionLead/Delivery Lead.
- Ensures an HP Competitive Advantage.
- Responds to and supports the Bid Manager inexecuting the bid process.
- Knowledgeable of the technical aspects of thetower (i.e., network, hosting, desktop, security etc.)
- Experienced in designing and deliveringsolutions for real clients.
- Clearly articulates solutions for the tower andexplains why the solution is what it is and why that approach is of value tothe client (understands the pros and cons of the solution). Can explain how does the solution meets theclient’s goals and objectives.
- Can listen and adapt to client HP anddiscussions “real time”. Exhibits a confidence in the solution but also exhibits flexibility andwillingness to listen and adapt.
- While possessing good technical knowledge, theymust have a developed business acumen.
- Understands and can readily articulate how theirtower or solution integrates with the larger holistic solution for the client.
- Understands and can articulate all aspects oftransition/transformation/migration from the current situation to the proposedend state. This includes majormilestones, timelines and manpower (both supplier and client).
- Understands and can articulate the solution froma people resource perspective — tower solution maps seamlessly to the HRpeople plan
- Understands and can articulate all aspects ofFinancial and Operational Responsibility Matrix for their tower.
- Understands and can articulate their part of theongoing delivery and Governance.
- Ensures HP’ delivery plan meets client and HPexpectations.
- Ensures solution components align with standardsand best practices.
- Ensures cost and pricing models align withstandards and best practices.
- Delivers high-quality and complete proposaldocuments.
- Keeps to the schedule.
- Identifies resource issues and escalates to theSolution Lead.
- Minimizes issues and inconsistencies.
- Transition and Transformation Mgr
- In-depth knowledge of datacenter and cloudtechnologies including – Compute, Storage, Private and Public
- Cloud architectures
- Understanding of the application of thesetechnologies to client business scenarios
- Five or more years experience in technicalsolution design for complex IT environments
- Extensive project management experience in ITenvironment
- Proven capability of designing datacenter andcloud services proposals for large opportunities
- Proven track record of winning datacenteropportunities.
- Collaborates with Solution Lead andinternal/external technical specialists
- Provides appropriate linkage and communicationwith customer/partner contacts
Required and criticalSkills – categorized ©ritical or ®equired
- Consultative Process ®
- Build rapport and trust with customer ®
- Strategic IT outsourcing marketplace knowledge(Industry, competitors, HP positioning) ®
- Summary understanding of the standard serviceoffering elements and their interaction ®
- Achieves Results ©
- Defines and communicates responsibilities ®
- Knows how to work in a virtual environment ®
- Coaching and mentoring skills ®
- Team building skills (Applies understanding ofteam dynamics to work effectively in teams, achieve goals and successfully plan& execute activities) ®
- Ability to listen effectively to others andresponds based on a firm understanding of the other’s perspective andpriorities ®
PERSONAL SUCCESS FACTOR
- Communication: presenting effectively ®
- Develop and apply listening skills ©
- Demonstrate multi-tasking skills ®
- Feeds and uses knowledge management system ®
- Feeds and reviews Service Collateral ®
- Provides Information and Knowledge Sharing ®
- Leads technical architectural design concepts®
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top