PoC (Proof of Concept) Team Technical Consultant
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leadingprovider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us. We have an exciting opportunity for a Proof of Concept TechnicalConsultant (PoC TC) to join our Global Sales Advocacy andEnablement team.
The PoC TC willbe the technical expert on Aruba’s products, technologies and competitive positioning.
The PoC TC’sprimary responsibilities are to fully understand the customer’s successcriteria for a PoC, to work with the account team and customer to document therelevant test cases for the PoC, to stage the testing kit and work through allobstacles to ensure the testing goes as smoothly as possible, to execute thePoC either hosted in Santa Clara or onsite at the customer, and document alltest cases so that a full report can be delivered to the customer and accountteam. The PoC TC is expected to have expert knowledge of the products undertest, the necessary test tools, applications, server infrastructure, routingand switching infrastructure, network management applications, industryvertical solutions, and client devices. The PoC TC will be responsible formanagement and logistics of the kit and to assist in the prioritization of andmanagement of the testing activities.
The PoC TCwill be capable of running through any portion of the Aruba mobile first testplan, which will be developed in close coordination with Aruba subject matterexperts and various stakeholders. The full breadth of Aruba’s products andfeatures highlighting areas of differentiation will be included. The PoC TCwill work to incorporate new competitive features and products into the kits,updating test plans were appropriate.
Knowledgetransfer and training for field teams in multiple theaters will be required todisseminate knowledge and best practices. The PoC TC will coordinate with salesleadership to arm the field with the same capabilities and enable them to runthe tests in other locations. The PoC TC will be responsible for meticulouslydocumenting all test cases and assisting with customer facing field testreports that can be handed to customers following a successful testing activity.
The PoC TCwill be required to travel onsite to participate in and run testing activitiesas well as participate in discussions with field account teams and customers tohelp position Aruba in the best possible way for competitive situations inwhich HPE Aruba must showcase capabilities in the customer’s environment.
- Execute complex Proof of Concepts (PoC) as a tool to finalize the technical evaluation of Aruba products during the sales cycle.
- Gather technical requirements from customers and account teams.
- Work with customers and account teams to identify success metrics to quantitatively measure PoC success.
- Create detailed and complex test plans.
- Work closely with technical experts (PLM, Dev/R&D, QA, TME, etc.) to vet test plans.
- Investigate and optimize a technical solution to meet or exceed the requirements of an opportunity, both current and future.
- Identify the growth path and scalability options of a solution and include these in design activities.
- Identify potential challenges for the proposed test plan.
- Optimize a solution to maximize Aruba competitive advantages.
- Represent Aruba as a subject matter expert in networking and to customers.
- Actively support the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
- Transfer knowledge to presales peers via mentoring and playing leadership roles in peer education programs.
- Become the customer and account team’s technical advisor for networking consultative expertise.
- Keep current with industry and competitive trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges at multiple levels of customer management.
- BSEE or BSCS with 5 years in technicalmarketing, customer support, or equivalent role.
- Has deep and comprehensive understanding ofnetworking technology and the ability to develop strong technical knowledge ofcompany products.
- Networking equipment evaluation experience.
- Strong understanding of LAN and WANnetworking protocols and technologies, including switching, routing, andsecurity, is required.
- Well recognized industry certification likeCCNA/CCNP is required, CCIE/CWNP preferred. Understanding of 802.11 and otherwireless technologies is highly desirable.
- Recognized expert in wireless technologies
- RF spectrum analysis
- Controller technologies
- MIMO concepts
- Wireless security
- Experienced in networking technologies andprotocols including but not limited to:
- Switching: VLANs (802.1Q, VTP), DHCP,multicast, L2/L3, aggregation techniques, spanning tree (PVST ), LACP, etc.
- Routing: OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VRF, EIGRP,route policies
- Security: 802.1x, NAC, radius, TACACS ,ACL’s, etc.
- Outstanding communication skills anddemonstrated ability in developing and delivering complex technicalpresentations.
- Proficient in presenting in front ofvarious-size sales team, C-level executives, customer audiences and industryforums.
- Excellent written and verbal communicationskills.
- Proven experience in design, development andimplementation of technical papers and reports.
- Experience driving projects in across-functional team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple,parallel projects to deadline.
- Extensive travel may be required.
- Experience with Aruba technologies.
- Experience working for Aruba in a technicalor related role.
- Santa Clara, CA
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard EnterpriseCompany
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard EnterpriseCompany, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions forthe mobile enterprise. The company designs and delivers Mobility-DefinedNetworks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvyusers who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personalcommunication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can relyupon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performanceoptimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual ITintervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and loweroperational costs.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company is an equalopportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO isthe Law poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE#HewlettPackardEnterprise
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top