PoC (Proof of Concept) Team Lead
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leadingprovider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us. We have an exciting opportunity for a PoC TeamLead to join our Global SalesAdvocacy and Enablement team.
The PoC TeamLead shall be a key member of the Global Sales Advocacy and Enablementleadership team, and will manage the PoC Technical Consultant (TC) team who arethe technical experts on HPE Aruba’s products, technologies and competitivepositioning. The PoC Team Lead is a strong technologist, but also an excellentmanager of technical teams.
The PoC TC’sprimary responsibilities are to fully understand the customer’s successcriteria for a PoC, to work with the account team and customer to document therelevant test cases for the PoC, to stage the testing kit and work through allobstacles to ensure the testing goes as smoothly as possible, to execute thePoC either hosted in Santa Clara or onsite at the customer, and document alltest cases so that a full report can be delivered to the customer and accountteam. The PoC TC is expected to have expert knowledge of the products undertest, the necessary test tools, applications, server infrastructure, routingand switching infrastructure, network management applications, industryvertical solutions, and client devices. The PoC TC will be responsible formanagement and logistics of the kit and to assist in the prioritization of andmanagement of the testing activities.
The PoC TCwill be capable of running through any portion of the Aruba mobile first testplan, which will be developed in close coordination with Aruba subject matter expertsand various stakeholders. The full breadth of Aruba’s products and featureshighlighting areas of differentiation will be included. The PoC TC will work toincorporate new competitive features and products into the kits, updating testplans were appropriate.
Knowledgetransfer and training for field teams in multiple theaters will be required todisseminate knowledge and best practices. The PoC TC will coordinate with salesleadership to arm the field with the same capabilities and enable them to runthe tests in other locations. The PoC TC will be responsible for meticulouslydocumenting all test cases and assisting with customer facing field testreports that can be handed to customers following a successful testingactivity.
The PoC TCwill be required to travel onsite to participate in and run testing activitiesas well as participate in discussions with field account teams and customers tohelp position Aruba in the best possible way for competitive situations inwhich HPE Aruba must showcase capabilities in the customer’s environment.
- Manage the team responsible for the execution of complex Proof of Concepts (PoC).
- Mentor/coach the PoC TC to gather technical requirements and identify success metrics from customers and account teams.
- Work closely with technical experts (PLM, Dev/R&D, QA, TME, etc.) to forge strong inter-team relationships to help vet test plans.
- Work closely with the Aruba competitive teams to ensure the PoC TCs leverage Aruba’s competitive advantages.
- Represent Aruba as a subject matter expert in networking and to customers and account teams.
- Actively support the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications.
- Ensure knowledge transfer to presales peers via mentoring and playing leadership roles in peer education programs.
- Keep current with industry and competitive trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges at multiple levels of customer management.
- 5 years of managing technical teams.
- Has deep and comprehensive understanding ofnetworking technology and the ability to develop strong technical knowledge ofcompany products.
- Networking equipment evaluation experience.
- Strong understanding of LAN and WANnetworking protocols and technologies, including switching, routing, andsecurity, is required.
- Well recognized industry certificationsdesirable. Understanding of 802.11 and other wireless technologies is highlydesirable.
- Outstanding communication skills anddemonstrated ability in developing and delivering complex technicalpresentations.
- Proficient in presenting in front ofvarious-size sales team, C-level executives, customer audiences and industryforums.
- Excellent written and verbal communicationskills.
- Proven experience in design, development andimplementation of technical papers and reports.
- Experience driving projects in across-functional team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple,parallel projects to deadline.
- Some travel may be required.
- Experience with Aruba technologies.
- Experience working for Aruba in a technicalor related role.
- Santa Clara, CA
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard EnterpriseCompany
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard EnterpriseCompany, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions forthe mobile enterprise. The company designs and delivers Mobility-DefinedNetworks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvyusers who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personalcommunication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can relyupon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performanceoptimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual ITintervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and loweroperational costs.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company is an equalopportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO isthe Law poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE#HewlettPackardEnterprise
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top