Payroll Manager will be the main contact point for Back Office Wroclaw payroll team on all EMEA payroll countries supported from BO for any support needs they have. He or She will be responsible for:
- Management of employees payroll queries escalated either by the Wroclaw back office or the business taking ownership until resolution
- Ensure year end reporting completed correctly and on time
- Provide information and explanations as requested by both Internal and External Audit
- Implementation of process improvements as needed both with data providers, internal payroll processes and bureau provider
- Chair regular conference calls with the FO teams to review progress, discuss issues including Statutory and Contractual changes, deadlines etc.
- Measurement and reporting of monthly metrics to assess performance of payroll operation
- Undertake project work to improve process and documentation
- Must be self reliant and prepared to take on new tasks outside of comfort zone, especially during the FO/BO transformation stage when both the FO and BO will evolve
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office suite of programs at intermediate level
- Take accountability for the accuracy of the EMEA payrolls, escalating where necessary any major issues to the EMEA Payroll Manager
- Any other tasks as directed by the EMEA Payroll Manager
- Direct experience in one or more of the following areas:
- In depth knowledge of SAP payroll system
- Practical/process experience for problem diagnosis and variance analysis
- Experience in payroll, finance or accounting roles
- Excellent communication skills are required, both written and oral, due to the split nature of the payroll team
- Industry experience
- Good PC and database knowledge and project/process management skills
Initiative and independence
- Customer focus
- Ability to work unsupervised and solve problems
- Flexible approach to workload and working hours as and when required to complete essential tasks
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree and/or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Typically 4-10 years of experience in a finance function.
- Typically 5 years of supervisory and/or leading a project team experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good project management skills.
- Good people management skills, including managing teams across geographies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Good understanding of the company’s policies and processes.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top