Payroll Business Planning Manager
Payroll Business Planning Manager
About the Company
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
The Global Payroll Process Management Team
The Global Payroll Process Management team (GPPM) is in charge of bringing our Payroll processes to world class efficiency, quality, ease of business and compliance. Together with our partners from HR/Benefits, IT and Finance, we have successfully implemented payroll and time process and system transformations for over 30 countries, making significant progress on our five year transformation roadmap. In the past several years this team also successfully managed three company separations for the payroll organization.
The payroll business planning manager is responsible for design, execution and continual improvement of the payroll organization's project portfolio management process. This position entails management of the processes as well as provision for effective tools and support to enable quality requests, prioritization, scheduling and communication process to ensure alignment of project selection and prioritization with strategic goals.
This role will interact with IT and business stakeholders both within and outside of the payroll organization to manage portfolio planning and execution, and define and deliver on committed solutions. The right candidate for this position must be passionate about the process of portfolio planning and budgeting, building a robust project intake model, and setting up and maintaining the governance with stakeholders to ensure consistently high degree of quality goes into the business planning. In addition, strong relationships with project sponsors, cross-functional teams, customers, business partners and stakeholders are essential.
Core Responsibilities for this Position
- Establishment, management and maintenance of the Payroll Project Portfolio and Governance process within the organization, including request management, prioritization, resource analysis and management, through post implementation review and archival.
- Development of formal request process flow for internal and external requests that include high level requirements elicitation, stakeholder assessments, communication plans, and business case creation.
- Completion of departmental documentation for appropriate point of the process.
- Identify needed resources for future projects and ensure they are funded and are assigned appropriately
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve business planning methods.
- Manage balance between demand and available payroll process resources, including analysis of resource availability, scheduling and working with resource managers for agreed-upon resource plan.
- Provide clear, concise and effective communication to all stakeholders regarding relevant projects, including tracking of objectives, owner, budget, timeline and other key metrics.
- Drive the change management process as part of scope management
- Point person to map scheduling for product enhancement and program management deliverables that require technology releases. Work with project managers to document and track delivery dates and provide a global dashboard.
- Remove roadblocks for project teams
- Provide support to project managers as required.
- Impact analysis evaluations for new project requests and existing project enhancements
- Assist in preparing strategic plan by analyzing and providing trends and forecast.
- Identify business problems and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Understand business direction and needs and develop solutions, roadmaps and assessment of potential business impacts.
- Supports policy and process improvement and identifies opportunities.
- Other duties as required
- Strong relationship management skills. Interacts effectively and is able to influence at multiple levels in the organization
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage change in a fast-paced, highly fluid environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, consulting, negotiation skills, flexible, change adaptive
- Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Strong attention to detail combined with an aptitude for understanding how the details fit or matter within existing processes, products, and company organization
- Fluent in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent business application skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint
- Strong understanding of financial analysis
- Good business acumen
- Works effectively in a virtual global environment
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in related field of expertise with a focus in business
- 5+ years of program/project management experience, preferably in HR, Payroll, Finance
- Demonstrated success and experience working with teams across various organizations
- Experience interacting with and presenting to senior level executives
- Experience performing financial analysis
- Demonstrated ability to lead
- PMP, PfMP or PgMP certification desired
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partner. Innovate. Act.
We live by three core values that drive our business.
Simplified, we are good partners, great innovators and we make things happen.
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top