Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity. In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner
- Responsible to deliver monthly key performance milestones related to Malaysia Payroll
- Support Payroll Operations to ensure smooth operations of Payroll operations to ensure timely and accurate pay related payments including Tax Clearance and employees in and out of country on assignment
- Responsible for timely and accurate submissions of compliance and statutory submissions and administrative activities
- Submit employer payroll claims for government related schemes
- Scan documents daily to the Chennai Payroll Transaction team
- Dispatch and track documents to employees, bank and local statutory
- Responsible to provide test cases, provide project status update, participate in requirement, design and testing reviews. And to address any business gaps, and update any relevant documentation on the process changes
- Provide training and mentor team members both in Malaysia and Chennai India.Provide other management reporting / statistical data, as and when required.
- Responsible for record retention for all Payroll records and that all documents are properly kept and recorded in accordance with HP Record Retention Policy.
- Foster strategic partnership to effectively engage with Chennai Payroll Transaction team and related HP business functions to proactively analyze daily payroll operational issues by understanding root causes of issues and recommending workarounds and/or improvement plans to ensure such issues will not recur whilst mitigating any risks of noncompliance with HP policies and statutory requirements.
- Identify, develop and implement process improvements and robust business controls to work-flows and processes to efficiently and effectively ensure smooth processing of payroll activities.
- Keep abreast of updates pertaining to changes in country policies and statutory updates and analyze impact of such changes on Payroll processing. Thereafter, advise BO of the required changes and oversee implementation of changes.
- Provide 1st line support to non-English speaking employees on pay matters and any payroll queries from local tax authorities pertaining to pay matters
- Analyze impact of new process implementations, policy and statutory changes, and thereafter, transfer the knowledge to BO. Perform payroll system testing to effect the change in the system (if required).
- Ensure process documentations (such as, user guides, information on Controllership
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Typically 4 years of experience as a financial analyst.
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
- Strong people skill, excellent communication and ability to work with people of all level are essential for the position, i.e to manage employees’ expectations and to develop strategic partnership and teamwork with different business partners and internal customers
- Excellent teamwork skills
- This position also requires expertise in policies and guidelines (such as, but not limited to, HR compensation and benefits policies and country statutory acts relating to Payroll (EPF, SOCSCO, PTPTN, PCB and other related acts/practices relating to country payroll).
- Support and implementation of Payroll solutions via PeopleSoft Global Payroll 9.1 and SAP Payroll
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top