Partner Development Manager
Partner Development Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
About HPE Financial Services (HPEFS)
HPE Financial Services (HPEFS) is Hewlett Packard Enterprise's wholly owned leasing and financial services subsidiary. It is an asset management company featuring leasing that provides a full range of financial lifecycle management services, including transition, acquisition, management and disposition. The HPEFS mission is to support and enhance Hewlett Packard Enterprise's and HP Inc.'s worldwide sales efforts by providing a broad range of financial services and asset management capabilities that positively impact the customer/partner relationships and enhance shareowner value as well as support and enhance HPE's/HPI's global product and service solutions, enabling customers worldwide to acquire complete IT solutions, including hardware, software and services.
We are looking for a Partner Development Manager:
- Serves as the overall account lead (single point of contact) for numerous, large partner accounts in an assigned country, geographic territory and/or industry; understands a partner's key business and IT challenges and requirements and is focused on driving value for the partner, while maximizing revenue and margin for the company. Specializes in a value or volume specialty (computers, servers, storage, services, printers) with focus on growing the base business, complex solutions, and new business opportunities. Partner accounts may be managed remotely. These jobs focus on selling to partners, typically through work that occurs outside the company offices.
- Serves as a single point of contact and business development for the Graphic Solutions Business, 3D printing, A3 printer line of business and other emerging lines of business.
- Develops account plans and long-term sales pipeline to increase the company's market share.
- Focuses on larger deals/opportunities and value and/or volume portfolio management, and selling a range of company products and solutions.
- Works with management to develop future business plans; independently determines methods for achieving plans.
- Extensive time spent working with and leveraging a diverse set of external partners.
- Builds strong professional relationships with key IT and business executives, including C level Executives.
- Applies consultative-selling techniques to identify and advance opportunities that result in ongoing profitable revenue growth for the company.
- Maintains high-level of partner loyalty and builds trust and integrity, as indicated in company conducted surveys and reports.
- Advocates for partner's needs in negotiating solution sales and troubleshooting delivery issues.
- Develops business plan in conjunction with the partner.
- Analyzes partner and client industry and competitive research and information to facilitate rich partner dialogue.
- Actively manages the account to protect and grow the company's business; coordinates all account forecasts, planning and reporting.
- Directs and coordinates all activity on account(s).
- Focuses on generating new business and builds, monitors and manages sales pipeline activity.
- Responsible for achieving/managing quarterly, half yearly, annual quota and/or margin.
- Enters all opportunities in pipeline tool and updates them weekly
- Builds a list of customers / partners willing to be a reference in person or print.
- Ability to implement margin recovery activities/strategies.
- Acts as a first interface for international accounts in collaboration with members of global business teams, and local teams.
- Identifies customer requirements, matches with company capabilities and chooses the respective company supply chain accordingly (Volume Direct or Indirect).
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree; Advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- Prior selling experience includes multiple, diverse set of selling responsibilities.
- Viewed as expert in given field by company and customer; is a mentor of selling strategy, including designing strategy.
- Typically 12+ years of experience as referenced above.
- 5 years commercial account management experience.
- Highly experienced in product specialty (computers, printers, servers, storage).
- Experience in related industry.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knows how to motivate partners to sell our solutions.
- Have excellent time management skills and presentation skills. Is the go to expert for the technology or solution being presented.
- Strong high-level customer & partner management relationship building, especially working with executives in lines of business, and sometime board level.
- High level of negotiation skills at high level partner management.
- Adept at advanced sales negotiations and positioning solution value under pricing pressures from customer IT and procurement professionals.- proactive presentation of value solutions
- Extensive partner organization intelligence and ability to work closely with multiple partners, to engage the client in business solutions.
- Uses financial-selling techniques with the partner(s) and company internal to position value and advance sales motions.
- Expertise in managing end- to-end sales processes in complex, large deals.
- Relevant knowledge of client's and partner's industry; keeps abreast of trends and lead discussions with IT on strategic directions and linking discussions.
- Strong knowledge of the company's breadth of solutions and engages specialist resources as needed.
- Ability to understand the customer's business issues and translate to the company's solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and drive strategic sales activity on a complex, large deal basis.
- Excels in competitive selling skills.
- Sell across platform and specialty.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top