OSS Assurance Technology Consultant
HPE Communications & Media Solutions (CMS) has over 30 years’ experience of collaborating with Communication Service Providers (CSPs) around the world on their OSS transformation initiatives targeted at simplifying operational management, enabling agility, reducing cost, increasing competitiveness and ensuring customer satisfaction . Through the application of our Solution Consulting Services (SCS) and deployment of our OSS fulfillment and assurance software solution components, we have established long-term business relationships that have enabled our customers to fend off competitive pressures and adapt to new market demands driven by technology and customer requirements.
More information about HPE CMS OSS portfolio can be found at http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/industries/communications-media-entertainment.html?compURI=1089536#.WC7AB_l96Hs
HPE is looking for a Technology Consultant to join CMS EMEA OSS central team. As a Technology Consultant within the team, you will be responsible for delivery of assigned tasks within the delivery cycle of a presales and delivery projects. This includes but is not limited to such tasks as systems configuration, troubleshooting systems errors/problems, monitoring and performance testing, as well as contribution to solution designs and development, as well as acting as customer advisor on best practices. You will be working closely with the EMEA OSS Assurance team, HPE customer delivery and sales teams, as well other HPE colleagues all over the world. As you gain experience, you may receive increased level of responsibilities.
The Technology Consultant is expected to have general knowledge of Telecommunications Technologies (like VPN/MPLS, SDN, SDH, IPTV, Mobile networks – 3GPP), as well as detailed knowledge and experience with of IT and software technologies (Linux, Java, SQL / No-SQL databases, Virtualization, Web technologies, etc.).
Impact / Scope
Technical Consultant functions are:
- Interact with local & regional teams and customer representatives, helping building and deploying solution for our customers.
- Collect customer requirements and translate technical and business customer requirements into implementation specifications.
- Perform configurations and customizations of HPE and 3rd party software components according to customer requirements.
- Collect project specific collaterals, create project documentation
- Provide implemented solution support
Education and Experience Required
- 1 – 3 years of technical experience and an Bachelor/Master of Science or equivalent degree Computer Science or related area of study; without a degree, one additional year of relevant technical experience (2-4 years in total).
- Affinity to the telco, IT environment and IP networks operations management solution domain, with software customization and development flavor
- Proven track record for participation in the development and/or technology implementation projects.
- It is appreciated to have virtualization and networking experience, Telecom Network/Service Assurance, IT Operations management experience, software development and/or customization experience, OpenSource tools use experience
- Knowledge / technical skills in the following areas :
- Mandatory: Networking, Virtualization, Unix/Linux platforms, Telecom and/or IT operations management tools
- NFV, SDN, OpenStack, Analytics, 3GPP compliant applications, Mobile Core Networks,
- Application development skills / experience: Java / J2EE, Web Services, OpenSource experience (especially in Big Data area such as Hadoop, ELK, SQL / no SQL data SQL databases, etc.), application of the DevOps concepts and related tools
- Awareness / experience with the industry frameworks such as, eTOM, ITIL, IT4IT, COBIT, project management methodologies such as PMI PMBook, Prince2
- Ability to work both as a team player and independently on multiple tasks, demonstration of the ownership and responsibility to drive assigned tasks
- Ability to manage priorities and maintain engagement across a number of projects at various lifecycle phases
- Ability to build relationships, demonstrate a passion for customers and team.
- Demonstration of “can-do” spirit, ownership, and commitment.
- Capability of understanding complex end-to-end systems
- Strong verbal and written communication using a variety of tools.
- Highly adaptable to cross-cultural requirements (clients and countries).
- Broad understanding of evolving standards and technologies
- Motivation and ability to manage constant change and ambiguity.
- Ambition and attitude to keep up-to-date on professional/ technical developments.
- Excellent verbal and written English language communications skills
- Consultative mindset is appreciated
- Ability to travel and work remotely.
Travel at short notice possibility (in average – up to 25%, but travel peaks of 50 % of the time may occur).
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top