Oracle System Database Administrator
This position can be located in either: Boise, ID, El Paso, TX, Charleston, WV, and Clarksville, VA.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The Oracle Systems Database Administrator is needed to support Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services – Enterprise Data Center.
This position will handle a variety of responsibilities including: configuring, monitoring and maintaining Oracle Database systems. Additionally, this position is responsible for ensuring all databases operate at optimum levels, the candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Should be comfortable working in a team environment and willing to work flexible hours, shift work, On-call and after hours support is a requirement of this position.
Additional job requirements include:
- Performing and coordinating effective installation and performance of advanced Database system software
- Perform Oracle Database builds, configurations and ongoing support
- Maintain, monitor, analyze DB system components, make recommendations for DB system improvements, and troubleshoot DB problems
- Performing Grid and RDBMS patching
- Document, maintain, and follow procedures related to Database Systems support.
- Be available for shift and after hours/on call support.
- Database schema creation and maintenance to support application changes
- Monitor for and troubleshoot database application performance issue
- Develop and maintain Linux shell scripts
- Plan and perform change requests
- Create and maintain documentation on procedures used to implement changes and service requests.
- Analyze database application components (functions, procedures, indexes, etc.) and make recommendations for improvements
- Be available for shift and after hours / on-call support.
Must have be a US Citizen or a Green Card Holder and has lived in the U.S. three of the last 5 years. (This is a USPS Federal Government requirement)
Education and Experience Required:
8 years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (11 years in total).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Oracle 12c experience on Linux and VMWare is preferred. On Exadata is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in RMAN and Flash Recovery, physical/logical backup/recovery concepts.
- Design and installation of Oracle 12c Real Application Clusters (RAC), Oracle Clusterware, and Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) is highly desired.
- Experience Patching Oracle Grid and RDBMS software.
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Cloud Control 12c/13c installation and configuration to monitor databases is desired
- Knowledge of Linux scripting a plus
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL and tuning
- Data Guard knowledge, a plus.
- Strong problem determination/resolution skills
- Ability to work effectively in team environment
- Self-starter that requires minimal supervision and can provide oversight for any assigned projects
- Thorough knowledge of good server and Database administration principles
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and others
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top