Operations Support Systems Product Support Engineer
Operations Support Systems Product Support Engineer
Are you looking for a hands-on technical role in one of the most impactful tech companies in the world?
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Communication Solution Business (CSB) is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals for an opportunity as an Operations Support Systems Product Support Engineer in the Plano area.
About the Operations Support Systems Product Support Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Operations Support Systems Product Support team (OSS Product Support) is seeking highly qualified and motivated candidates for a Product Support Engineer role in Plano, Texas. The person in this role will be responsible for providing product support on HPE OSS products directly to our customers worldwide. Those customers are global Communications Service Providers, worldwide end customers, and HPE Field Delivery teams.
As part of a global team of 28, this individual will work from an HPE office in Plano, close to one of our major end customers. The support provided within SLA has high visibility and impact on customer satisfaction, and ensures tight collaboration with R&D teams.
This position requires work outside normal working hours in context of 24X7 standby responsibilities and, though rare, may at times include night, evening, weekend, holiday work.
- Provides technical support to internal and external customers and resellers via HPE trouble tracking tools like SPARKS
- Works on complex problems / projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of products supported by Communications and Media Solutions, to include Network Function Virtualization (NFV)-Director, and Service Director
- Participates in problem diagnosis or isolation, driven by the remote support organization
- Provides workaround and defect fixes within SLAs when problems arise in the customers' labs or live network environments
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by clarifying customer needs and ensuring that these are met. Handles customer-relations problems promptly and appropriately, escalates issues according to established procedures
- Candidate will be part of a 24x7 on-call support roster
At HPE, people are our strategic advantage. People with the right mindset, coupled with the right talent, education and experience, will be instrumental to HPE maintaining and extending its prominence in the global IT market.
Talent, education and experience will only take us so far. Having the "right mindset" means being:
- Adaptable — Takes in stride and constantly attunes to the changing needs of a highly dynamic business.
- Curious — Our key contributors are always seeking to grow their knowledge, to gain new perspectives, and to find better ways forward.
- Tenacious — Our business—our industry—demands self-starters who will takes ownership of projects and bring them to completion despite difficulties or setbacks.
Sound like a place where you can make an impact? If so, please let us hear from you by applying today!
Language: Must be fluent in spoken and written English language
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in engineering degree; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years' experience as an application developer in Java
- 5+ years' experience in administration and tuning of Oracle
- 5+ years' experience working with HPE proprietary software, Service Activator strongly preferred
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Effective communication skills are a must
- Candidate should demonstrate autonomous capacity but also team sharing mindset, ability to work under pressure, and escalation skills, as well as a high degree of motivation and initiative for continuous technical growth and development
- Technical skills on our products strongly preferred
- Development, integration or user knowledge in HPE proprietary products NFV-Director and Service Director strongly preferred
- Neo4j knowledge desired
- Ability to work effectively in a team and with customers to investigate and troubleshoot customer system issues
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to ensure personal and group productivity driven through networking and teamwork
- Customer interaction to promote customer-oriented responsiveness
- Fast learner
Thanks for taking the time to review our job! If you think it is a match to your experience and interests, please apply today—we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
If you are seeing this job posting somewhere other than the HPE Careers website, you may apply by following these instructions:
- Log onto www.hpe.com/jobs
- Sign in, or create and confirm an account
- Click "Search Jobs", then enter job number – 1007047
- Complete full application process
About HPE Communication Solution Business (CSB)
HPE Communication Solution Business (CSB) is a business unit focused on added value solutions for the Communications and Media Industry. CSB solutions include hardware, software, support and consulting capabilities to enable digital transformations. HPE CSB helps the world's Communications Service Providers (CSPs) grow in a dynamically moving market. With 30+ years of telecom experience, a broad telecom-specific portfolio including consulting, outsourcing, integration, managed and implementation services, coupled with Global IT leadership, HPE is unmatched in its ability to help CSPs offer differentiated services to grow revenues while managing costs.
HPE CSB offers a solution and service portfolio addressing IT, networks, operations, care, charging, line of business and mobile devices. We help service providers transform the customer experience by providing content-rich, personalized services that can be accessed seamlessly across all devices. Our suite of CSP-specific solutions spans analytics, cloud, operational support as well as media and entertainment.
About CSB Support
Operations Support Systems Product Support is part of the CSB support organization. Communication Solution Business (CSB) Support provides technical support across all CSB products and customized solutions including all domains. The key support goal is to minimize disruption and keep our customers' business up and running 24/7/365. CSB support represents more than 300 customers, with more than 100 experts in 24 countries.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Tomorrow belongs to the fast, and HPE is in the acceleration business!
To help companies accelerate, we've created a new company, one that defines transformation—and defies "business as usual". In the fast-paced, quick-release environment of the future, you need to be constantly ready for change, be resourceful, and be highly adaptable to the ever-changing business landscape.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is not only the company best equipped to build a bridge from where enterprise IT is today, to where it needs to be, but HPE is also an incredible place to build a career. As the only company that brings it all—software, hardware, services, and talented people with the right mindset—we help organizations innovate, stay competitive, and quickly turn ideas into value.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top