Operational Account Manager
Operational Account Manager
Assigned to customers or partners as a focal point for operational aspects for the business relationship and may assist in driving the operational strategy for their assigned customer and participate in key negotiations. Provides process consulting expertise to project and account teams in developing the customer solution and to enable the efficient execution of operational processes. Advocates the customer/partner view, expectations and provides feedback to the development/improvement of processes and capabilities. Understands and analyzes account financials. May manage top level escalations by interacting with company management and the customer/partner side. Examples of operational topics handled in this job family can be; provide consultancy and support to an account that wants to centralize the purchasing of hardware or service agreements, work with the account as well as internal stakeholders to implement new business models / supply chain models, implement processes and procedures with the account supporting the company's policies related to compliance and global trade, advocate the customer/partner requirements in the development of automated solutions (web based, EDI).
- Manages the operational business relationship of mid- size to large domestic accounts; serves on account team.
- Conducts and reviews highly complex operational analysis.
- Acts as a point of escalation and collaborates with otherfunctions to drive resolution of operational issues of medium to high complexity, in support of the customer/partner requirements.
- Represents the customer/partner needs and provides business requirements to projects of moderate to high complexity.
- Prepares and runs operational performance reviews with the customer/partner and supports improvement plans.
- Consults and advises on operational matters of medium complexity to internal clients at peer levels and above.
- Proactively communicates operational process changes to customers/partners and internal clients; supports the implementation phase.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience; may have advanced university degree.
- Typically 4-6 years of related experience, preferably in supply chain, customer service, procurement or financial management.
- Typically 1-2 years of experience supporting large accounts.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English and local language as well as other languages as required.
- Developing consulting, negotiation and influence skills.
- Solid understanding of core company businesses and the revenue cycle.
- Superior research and analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated project management skills such as planning, execution and implementation.
- Proven ability to collaborate and network with other groups and functions to reach business objectives, in support of the customer/partner requirements.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain good relationships with external customers/partners on peer level and one level above
- Basic financial and business acumen.
- Ability to identify and implement customer-specific process improvements.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top