The NFV OpenStack developer for VNF Onboarding candidate will ideally have advanced subject matter knowledge to help solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert in either Telecom Carrier Cloud, Network Function Virtualization Solutions and/or virtualization, cloud and DevOps.
The candidate will have deep understanding of customer needs/insights, guides the technical teams in the technical architecture, design and implementation of the complete partner application validation and publishing solutions, provides differentiation, value proposition, positioning and integration of the overall solution by working closely with all the key stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will possess deep knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- OS (Linux), Hypervisors (KVM, Xen, VMWare, etc).
- OpenStack and its Plug-ins., etc.
- Public/Private Cloud Deployments.
- NFVI, MANO architectures and standards, its use cases, and etc.
- Solid understanding of Heterogeneous Storage Subsystems.
- Solid understanding of Cloud Orchestration , Cloud Automation and Scripting languages ( python/shell/Ansible )
- Hands on experience on Network/Cloud debugging and RCA
The candidate must have deep understanding and extensive exposure to cloud design and architectures for not only tier 1 operators but large and medium size cloud services providers.
A strong background of HPE and other vendors' Servers, Networking, Storage is also highly desirable.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing day-to-day Engineering activities with the program manager and technical teams
- Working with product management, product engineering, Architecture and enablement teams on the overall partner solution roadmap and come up with effective ecosystem strategy, solution architecture, solution lifecycle roadmap, driving platform product and solution requirements across the HPE and partner business units
- Working with corresponding Technical Engineering team and lead the development of solution documentations.
- Driving the team with Network/Cloud debugging and RCA
- Responsible for contributing to Blogging and Technical White papers.
- Representing HPE in all kinds of customer engagements, such as EBC visits and on-site customer meetings.
- Representing HPE n a wide variety corresponding marketing activities; Public speaking engagements representing HPE as a spokesperson and subject matter expert on NFV solutions.
- Very strong communication skills – both written and verbal. Must be able to develop complete solutions, get partner and BU buy-ins, build sponsorship and drive tactical execution.
- Technical understanding of Virtualization (VMWare, KVM Citrix, MS Hyper-V), Cloud Technologies (OpenStack) including their trends and challenges.
- Tool for rapid deployment of vendor VNFs on target VIM platform.
- Capable of autonomously taking on planning and execution of various work streams.
- Quick learner. Team player. Strong drive. Self-starter. Willing to take a leadership role in driving initiatives, working across organizations and structuring approaches to new opportunities.
- Proficient knowledge on Java Script/JQuery, D3.js, HTML/CSS, Java, JSP/Servlets, Shell Scripting
- Working on Rest API, XML + XSLT
- Preferred experience on NFV-D, AngularJS, YAML and TOSCA
- Technical undergraduate degree and an MS/MBA or other post-graduate degree is desirable.
- Must be able to work effectively in a geographically-distributed teams including vendors and partners
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top