OEM Technical Program Manager
The WWOEM team is seeking an experience qualified Technical Program Manager withcustomer facing experience. You would be expected to work with OEM accountteams to help during pre-sales and post-sales customer engagements by providingTechnical and program management support.
As a TechnicalProgram Manager, you will work closely with a team of Engineering ProgramManagers and Technology Service involved with developing and executing plansfor customers requiring unique solutions and server customization. You willinterface with multiple HPE engineering and business teams allowing a uniqueopportunity to learn both business and engineering activities that contributeto the delivery of HPE’s industry-leading technology portfolio ofproducts.
The idealcandidate will have experience with Industry Standard compute, storage andnetworking products; demonstrated project management skills; the ability toeffectively manage competing tasks and priorities in a fast-paced fluidenvironment; the ability to work independently as well as work in a teamenvironment; and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communicationsskills. This position requires a person that can effectively respond tochanging customer requirements. This role will require considerable flexibilityand patience and the appropriate persistence when dealing with customers,business partners and other HPE teams.
The TechnicalProgram Manager will join the DCIG (Data Center Infrastructure Group) to help developand foster business collaboration with OEM partners. You will be expected toconstantly learn and demonstrate competencies in new technologies, products andsolutions.
- Identifytechnical problems from customers and look for continuous service improvementopportunities.
- Collaborate withinternal engineering team and customers to resolve technical issues that aretypically difficult or subtle in a timely manner. Escalate when documentationis insufficient to complete the tasks or do not solve the incident.
- Co-work/co-locatewith customers to understand their post requirements, follow documentedprocesses and workflows and communicate to each function teams in HPE fordevelopment / delivery.
- Advocate onbehalf of customer to ensure high degree of customer satisfaction. Collaboratewith any other support or dependency groups in case the incident has a linkage.
- Primary contactto interface between customer, HPE core team leader and internal stakeholders.Must be proficient in speaking English and Japanese.
- Enable customer’ssupport organization to be self-sufficient in responding to their end-customersby providing necessary information exchange of a confidential nature that mayinclude mechanical and electrical schematics.
- Provide firsthand judgement on the technical issue escalated from customer and work withinHPPE standard escalation process to address technical escalations.
- Facilitate HPEdevelopment team and customer’s end-customer engineering issues.
- Contribute to thedevelopment and implementation of technical solutions on behalf of HPE OEMcustomer by understanding customer requirements and proposing the appropriateplatform that meets the customer’s workload requirements
- Lead changemanagement process by understanding the customer’s configuration and judgewhether engineering change notifications are impactful to the customer’sconfigurations.
- Identify, manageand record escalation trends and collaborate with product and supportorganizations to improve escalation resolution times
- Review andidentify root cause for all escalated service requests and use this informationto improve continuously within service delivery teams
- Leads andprovides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
Education and Experience
- Excellent writtenand verbal communication skills; Fluent in English and Japanese.
- Bachelor’s orMaster’s degree Engineering, Computer Sciences, or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years’experience.
- Extensiveexperience in electrical engineering and server architecture, software isa plus.
- Experience in thefield of service support for Technical Problem, Troubleshooting and Major Problemaddress and escalation. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstratedbusiness acumen and successful experience managing all aspects of technicalissues, including communicating with stakeholders and directing matrixed teamsand resources.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top