North America Portfolio Account Manager (PAM)
North America Portfolio Account Manager (PAM)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on "Converged Infrastructure". The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
Proactive management of the lease portfolio over the complete contract lifecycle to optimize lifecycle portfolio behavior, reduce exposure, maximize profit, and contribute to sustaining the highest achievable residual values by making strong recoveries across the portfolio. Responsible for residual recovery processes by working in conjunction with HPEFS sales force, customers, Portfolio management specialists and customer delivery to ensure that HPEFS is taking a balanced approach to long term customer retention while at the same time increasing portfolio profitability, through effective use of upgrades, renewals, buyouts, and equipment transitions.
- Establish portfolio product line strategies to optimize customer behavior and meet PM P&L targets
- Design FAM compensation plan and metrics to optimize portfolio behavior; develop FAM quota system and ensure compensation reporting processes are in place and being executed
- Assessing drivers for prior historical behavior and contributing to behavioral forecast process for customers and products
- Provide expert portfolio structuring and pricing support to FAMs and PSs, and customer delivery including Master lease negotiation
- Dotted line responsibility to support Portfolio Specialists, including skill development, transaction support, and key process enhancement
- Drive customer satisfaction initiatives and improve TCE rating
- Collaborate with HPEFS sales leadership to ensure key activities are being executed, including: PMP portfolio account planning, strategies to achieve quota at FAM and team level, routine review of key funnel opportunities, identify key skill gaps and plans to address
- Train and coach FAMs on portfolio strategies, selling skills, processes, and tools
- Accurately and timely PM revenue forecasting, and ensure that PM Finance Manager is proactively informed of significant P&L events
- Work with HP, External account teams, and HPEFS account teams to create mid-term opportunities to minimize risk; retain customers; and drive revenue to maintain existing HPEFS footprint in key accounts
- Close account management of high exposure and key customers
- Ability to interact with customers over the phone and face to face to structure, present and sell Portfolio Management Solutions
- Liaise with TVS organization for return product recovery – project manage large returns
- Work with sales teams to support sales activities
- Negotiate high impact extension and buyouts
- In conjunction with business development, create, deploy and execute mid-term proactive PM programs
- Work with Americas Residual Value Strategy Manager to gain understanding of regional portfolio, with a particular focus on residual risk and understanding and affecting future trends
- Keep up to date with IT market knowledge, economic situation, and potential impact on the portfolio.
- Alert Credit, Customer Delivery teams, Finance and Americas Portfolio Management Leader to potential high risk, high exposure situations which arise
- Americas Residual Value Strategy Manager
- Region Sales Leaders
- Regional FAM
- Portfolio Specialists
- Credit Analysts and Managers
- Regional Customer Delivery Managers
- PM Finance Manager
- TVS Product Managers
- TVS ARS/VAS Sales Team
Skills and Competency:
- Typically 10+ years with a proven track record in Leasing and Portfolio Management
- Strong lease pricing and structuring skills
- Cash Flow and Life Cycle Profitability analysis
- Demonstrated competency in leading in a cross functional organization
- Ability to establish business strategy and transition to organizational execution
- Confident in negotiating with customers at board level
- Past Customer Sales Interaction and Experience
- Ability to call on customer to negotiate complex portfolio solutions
- Cross-functional teamwork
- Remote matrix management skills
- Strong IT skills, particularly reporting tools (business objects), and advancement excel knowledge
- Good process and program implementation skills
- Good business judgment, and aware of common leasing commercial practices
- IT Market knowledge
- Planning skills
- Basic experience in one of the related disciplines of delivery, solution architecting or business planning prior to taking business management role
- MBA preferred
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top