Nimble Sls Specialist V, Storage
Nimble Sls Specialist V, Storage
- Storage Sales Specialists are responsible for driving customer adoption of the HPE storage portfolio while collaborating with other HPE Account Managers, Storage Architects, HPE leadership as well as our Channel Partners to maximum revenue for the company.
- Storage Sales Specialists prospect, qualify, and close storage business for HPE.
- Applying specialized knowledge and skills, a Storage Sales Specialist drives proactive sales campaigns, builds sales pipeline, creates solution proposals, documents ROI, manages Salesforce, closes opportunities, and leverages the channel.
- A Storage Sales Specialist may have assigned named accounts, cover a designated geography, and/or be allocated to one high-potential, competitive attack account.
- Develops long term sales pipeline to increase the company's market share for storage-related solutions.
- Set direction for business development and solution selling activities.
- Creates and grows reference customers.
- Sells complex products or solutions to customers on a partnership basis.
- Establishes a professional, working, and consultative relationship with the client, including the C- level for mid-to-large accounts, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- Maintains expertise on IT at all levels
- Maintains broad market and competitor knowledge to ensure credibility with Customer Executives.
- Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree; Advanced University or MBA preferred.
- Directly related work experience within an IT infrastructure framework.
- Prior selling experience that includes complex solutions and a diverse set of selling responsibilities. 5+ years desired.
- Must have a strong foundation in selling strategies and sales fundamentals
- Must have financial acument to understand ROI, TCO, leasing, and other financial options that help foster success.
- Project management skills considered a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to identify new opportunities based on IT experience and discovery skills.
- Mastery of storage concepts and data center infrastructure interdependencies to be able to sell large, complex solutions.
- Understands strengths and weaknesses of key competitors and how to leverage this knowledge to win business.
- Combines storage expertise with consultative solution selling and business development skills to align the client's business needs with solution.
- In-depth knowledge of client's business, organizational structure, business processes and financial structure.
- Considerable knowledge of the customer's infrastructure and architecture.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in working with both channel and alliance partners.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully positioning complete HPE portfolio needed for the customer's requirements.
- Strategic planning on a business development level; can build an effective business case reflecting the value of an appropriate strategy.
- Balance strategic and tactical pursuits to optimize coverage and develop a predictable revenue stream.
- Use C-level engagement skills in collaboration to offer value-add solutions to the client.
- Works with the account team to build an effective account plan and strategy to drive incremental revenue in the account.
- Utilizes Salesforce to accurately manage and forecast business.
- Demonstrates the ability to leverage the company's portfolio of products and services to change the playing field against our competition.
- Understands the leverage of services as part of strategic portfolio of products.
- Promotes services as part of all strategic opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top