Networking & Security Service Desk Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
In an “idea economy,” IT now becomes central to a New Style of Business. In this world, it is absolutely critical that technology leaders remain in lockstep with their business counterparts, and in many cases lead the way. IT is the core of innovation and market relevance – to deliver experiences that create outcomes by enabling employees and engaging customers in a personalized way.
And, this New Style of Business is dependent on IT. Secure, stable IT coupled with reliable, accessible IT services are key to a company’s ability to invent new services and business models at the speed of the market, profitably.
On one hand, IT leaders are today expected to move quickly to enable these great experiences. On the other hand, they are expected to maintain high levels of uptime and resiliency in operations; compliant and securely in a rapidly changing threat landscape.
Achieving these goals while mitigating risks, it is a balancing act. Datacenter Care Operational Support Services (DC-OSS) helps in taking on that tasks that impede innovation and growth. It helps customers to be more efficient in managing operations, using ITSM/ITIL principles and remote monitoring. It does that while allowing the customer to retain ownership and management of their facilities and environment.
Operational Support Services is an out-tasking services, built as an extension to Datacenter Care.
It delivers remote infrastructure (hardware to operating system, including hypervisor – HPE and non-HPE products) monitoring (RIM) and operational services (system administration).
- Successfully resolve technical issues (hardware and software) from incoming internal or external businesses and end user’s contacts and proactive notification systems.
- Respond to service, product, technical, and customer relations questions on subjects such as features, specifications, and repairs on current and discontinued products, parts, and options, based on customer entitlement (warranty through mission-critical).
- Proactively assist internal or external businesses and end users to avoid or reduce problem occurrence.
- Ability to act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision-making process.
- Review and may resolve complex business issues.
- Good communication skills.
- Understand and utilize Information Technology Information Library (ITIL).
- Partners frequently with the Sales Pursuit team.
- Comfortable managing technical issue as well as customer business impact and ability to blend and appreciate these aspects in communication with customer
- Deliver at least 1 internal training session/quarter (includes prep delivery) which is aligned with business needs.
Education and Experience Required:
- Engineer’s degree in computer sciences or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in relevant technologies and customer environments. Autonomous and comfortable with 24×7 working shifts.
- ITIL foundation, HPE Servers and Storage ATP certificates are desirable.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Good verbal and excellent written communication skills in language to be supported ( French / English & Arabic )
- Experience in troubleshooting in a technical environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Phone and remote support experience. E-support experience, knowledge and resolution ability
- Ability to solve and document solutions for usage of other technicians and customers
- Ability to mentor new agents
- Ability to lead resolution activities with escalated customers
- Ability to contribute to technical action plans
- Excellent HPE Servers, HPE Storage and peripheral devices skills
- Good HPUX and Linux skills
- VMware will be considered as a plus
- Good understanding of SQL – Specific familiarity with SQL Server a plus
- Knowledge with one of Hadoop flavors, but it’s not compulsory
- Experience with scripting languages is optional
Personal skills and qualities:
- Demonstrates the Right Mind set : She/he is tenacious, curious and adaptable
- Customer oriented with strong French and English language skills (spoken and written). Middle East dialects proficiency will be as well appreciated.
- Excellent team player – Strong collaboration, influence and negotiation skills in cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, reliable, fast learner and well organized person with a flexible and responsive attitude
- Comfortable to work in a remote, virtual environment
- Excellent Process adherence and Methodology focused
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of customer management
- Ability to manage conflict and complex situations
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top