Network Specialist (Top Secret Clearance required)
Working at Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is about leading and winning the right way – for customers, for employees, and as a global citizen. We offer our global workforce the opportunities to:
- Experience what it means to win as a professional.
- Discover a mosaic of career opportunities in a culture of open doors and open minds.
- Connect with colleagues who are the best and brightest in their fields.
- Collaborate with purpose to develop products and deliver services that will change the world.
- Be part of a socially and environmentally responsible, multicultural organization.
We are committed to conducting business with the highest integrity, which means working to benefit each community in which we operate. HPE is committed to winning the right way.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals to join our team in a broad variety of positions supporting a customer at Offutt AFB. The contract will provide mission critical, integrated, operational support for the IT infrastructure essential to the current and evolving missions for the customer. The major support areas in this contract are Program Management, IT Operations and Maintenance, Engineering, and Applications Support.
The Network Specialist troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network. Install, configure, service, repair, and maintain hardware and software for network services, storage networking devices, and servers. Integrate multiple information systems in a networked environment, evaluate and resolve customer information system problems, effect required hardware upgrades and repair to maintain mission capability. Install and configure hubs, routers, switches, and various transmission media, server hardware and software, and ensure the proper installation and configuration of workstation hardware and software for efficient operation on the network.
- Responsible for providing 24×7 monitoring of the networks.
- Report network incidents and threats in real time by continuous monitoring of several tools and resources.
- Assists in performing product evaluations and recommends products/services for networks. Validates and tests basic network architecture and design solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications with recommended vendor technologies.
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements network systems.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure.
- Manage, operate, maintain, and administer network components to meet operational, availability, and mission requirements.
- Implement load and performance analysis and monitoring.
- Provide infrastructure support including: pulling, splicing, installing, terminating and troubleshooting copper and fiber.
- Provide assistance in troubleshooting of network incidents in relation to potential infrastructure issues.
- Provide maintenance of electronic documentation of the cable layouts for all networks.
- Complete electronic documentation of all work completed for change requests and incidents.
- Provide assistance in site surveys in order to provide engineering team correct materials, tools, bill of material estimates, etc. needed to complete projects.
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline, a minimum of 5 – 8 years relevant industry experience
- Experience working with relevant network systems and networking principles
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Security or equivalent certification
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- * The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI and with Nuclear Command and Control (NC2) eligibility. – or – must be capable of maintaining/obtaining a TS/SCI clearance with Nuclear Command and Control (NC2) eligibility, by the end of the three month phase-in period of the contract**
Knowledge and Skills:
- • Excellent verbal and written communication skills, influencing skills and ability to work effectively with a team
- Experience with Network systems and servers, networking systems integration (hardware, software, network, and database).
- Knowledgeable of network operations, network security, system operation and performance, and system effectiveness.
- Experience with network system tools
- Experience in data, voice and video networks
- Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access-lists
- Experience working with internet, web, application and network security techniques
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top