Network Security Support Engineer (shiftwork)
Here at HPE our Enterprise Security Services division is expanding rapidly and as such we have some exceptional opportunities for experienced Security Services Professionals across the UK. We are keen to speak with ambitious, end customer focused individuals to share in our current success and also play an instrumental part in our continued growth in the UK Security market, and providing high quality service support/change to HPE ESS managed service customers.
We currently seek a Network Security Support Engineer, based from the Birchwood Offices of HPE ESS, working within our fast paced Security Operations Centre.
This job will involve working as part of the 24/7/365 shift team on a shift pattern where both daytime, out of hours and weekend work will be required on a 4 days on / 4 days off pattern.
- Working operational incidents based on standard service measures.
- Provide support to customers across the managed service portfolio.
- Responding to device alerts through in-house proactive alerting system.
- Support customers via phone and email.
- Change Management across devices within our managed service
- Liaise with vendors to support customer devices and environments.
- Attending technical training to retain skill levels across portfolio.
- Technical certification in at least 1 security or network product
- Minimum 1 year IT experience, preferably in a SOC/NOC environment
- Experience in a Support role supporting clients
- Experience of working within a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Evidence of trouble-shooting skills and associated tools
- Working knowledge of different security/network platforms available with experience of configuring/managing at least one of the following
- Firewall (Checkpoint, Juniper, Cisco)
- Load Balancer (F5)
- Proxy (Bluecoat, Websense, McAfee)
- IPS (McAfee, TippingPoint)
- IAM (Cyber Ark)
- Familiarity with SIEM, preferably, preferably Arcsight
- Familiarity with Microsoft and Citrix servers.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top