Network Security Operations Engineer
In Hewlett Packard Enterprise we create new possibilities for technology and services, offering solutions, which help businesses and individual clients in achieving their goals, making the most of its potential, fulfilling aspirations and dreams. We serve our clients in over 170 countries.
In Poland we are located in Warsaw, Wrocław, Łódź.
Application Services Global Delivery Poland located in Warsaw offers software development and maintenance services to Hewlett Packard Enterprise customers all over the world. Poland Center focuses on Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence, Web Solutions, SAP R/3 and SAP BW implementation, Application Management, Quality Assurance & Testing, Business and Systems Analysis. Most of GDAS Poland Center employees hold multiple certifications from Oracle, Sun, Microsoft, SAP, OBI, ISEB, ISTQB, ITIL, CMMI, PMP and Six Sigma.
Network Security Operations Engineer
- Participates as a member of an Information Technology (IT) technical team or teams.
- May lead a small team of support engineers or application.
- Independently implements end user or enterprise infrastructure / application or services of moderate complexity as prepared by more senior technologist in support of more complex solutions.
- Applies technical knowledge to operate and administer infrastructure or software platforms and user groups of moderate to high complexity.
- Independently resolves some highly complex technical issues within a given technical area.
- Partners with members of a given team or other IT teams as appropriate.
- May act as an Incident Life Cycle coordinator or service delivery lead to provide resolution for complex issues.
- Identifies potential escalations and proactively alerts management, leads escalation through L4.
- Proactively searches for issues and provides solutions to prevent problems from occurring in area of responsibility including patch management. Independently reviews, implements and verifies highly complex and high risk changes and solutions.
- Mentors other team members.
- Ensures configuration management database entries are complete and accurate. May assign work to others.
- Provides time / resource estimates for assigned tasks. May provide time / resource estimates for assigned projects.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent experience and a minimum of 3 years related experience or a Master’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong experience with infrastructure environments (e.g. operating system, hardware, data center, security, network, voice, end user and server / web related applications).
- Strong experience with business Information Technology (IT) applications (e.g. supply chain, customer relationship mgmt, Human Resources (HR), finance) . Experience in scripting and / or programming language.
- Experience with implementation, problem analysis and solutioning of infrastructure and business application environments.
- Foundational knowledge and experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) reference model.
- Exhibits a high level of initiative and integrity.
- Possess creative ability, consulting skills, leadership qualities, credibility and self-confidence.
- Demonstrated ability to work with geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and solutions.
- Hands-on experience setting up and supporting IPS, Firewalls, IPSEC VPN, Proxy in a large corporate environment.
not only a stable job in well renown company but it also provides an attractive working environment where you can meet many new, inspiring people from all across the world. A place where you can develop yourself, work with experts, have some occasions to relax and have some fun as well as to enjoy many activities suitable for our Employees and their lifestyles . Below you will find information about what we have to offer:
- Medical package for Employees and their closest family
- Multisport card
- Life insurance package
- Employee Assistance program – help in a difficult life situation
- Free coffee, tea and fruit
- Modern offices in attractive locations
- Work-Life balance support including flex-time arrangements and work from home opportunities
- Trainings, opportunity for personal development and advancement within the company
- Wellness program
- HPE Badge discount program
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top