Network Security Operation Analyst
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce. Enterprise Services Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensive Infrastructure Services portfolio that produces better business outcomes for our clients by reducing costs, enabling growth and managing risk. HPE ES ITO combines years of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach to deliver superior value to our clients. For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
- Responsible for administration of network firewalls, or intrusion detection/protection systems
- On call / shift work may be required
- Responsible to translate client requirements in to detailed actions for execution
- Required to follow detailed change management and incident management processes
- Investigate and resolve incident tickets
- Communicate with other technical teams regarding firewall, IDS/IPS operations
- Troubleshoot traffic passing managed firewalls
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues through firewalls
- Utilize packet capture features to aid in analysis of network issues
- Responsible to review work products from Level 2 support organization and mentor level 2 personnel to meet quality and timeliness requirements.
- Work in a fast paced operations environment
- Technically matured to take on Service Improvement plans for Operation mgmt.
Education and Experience:
At least one of the following vendor certifications is required, the ability to acquire the others within the first year is expected:
- Juniper JNCIA Junos / FW VPN
- Checkpoint CCSA, CCSE
- Tipping Point ASE
2-7 years’ experience with Checkpoint, Cisco, Juniper, Fortigate or Tipping Point.
Familiar and experienced with NIDS/NIPS technologies
Familiar with ITIL concepts, advantage if ITIL certified
Excellent TCP/IP networking skills
Excellent communication skill in English – both writing and speaking
Ability to work within a global organization with different cultures
Detail Oriented, Logical and process oriented
Familiarity with Service Center and Service Manager highly desired
CMDB Familiarity highly desired
Strong communication skills (verbal and written communication skills, strong command of English Language) and proven experience of working across cultures and boundaries.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top