Network Protocal Testing Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Networking Software Engineers work on new networking products and solutions. This includes contribution in product architecture, feature definition, design, development and test and on-going product support.
We are seeking top Software Engineering talent to develop HPE’s networking products including switches and routers that will revolutionize the future of the networking industry. These specialist engineers will drive the next generation of HP’s Networking products.
Candidates must possess a passion for delivering high quality supportable software that effectively meets customer requirements. They must also be comfortable working in a formal software development environment where rigorous focus on and adherence to quality are critical.
- Automation using Python and/or GO language
- Protocol testing: TCP/IP, SIP, RTSP, HSRP, VRRP, RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGPv4 & performance, software stress, hardware performance
- Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on general objectives and knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Writes and executes complete testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs, and creates solutions for issues with code and integration into application architecture
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal and outsourced development partners regarding software systems design status, project progress, and issue resolution
- Represents the software systems engineering team for all phases of larger and more-complex development projects.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members.
- Expertise in writing detailed test plan, identify customer issues, Stress, performance, solution testing of wireless devices.
- Experience in customer focused testing, a customer advocate to provide solutions.
- Show strong leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, and conflict resolution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence skills
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Good understanding of processes and bring changes to improve processes within the team.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Education and Work Experience: -
- Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics & Communication/Electrical Engineering, similar.
- Over 3-5 years of experience in positions that involved in network/system software testing.
- Automation using Python and/or GO language to test any network protocols in L2/L3
- Knowledge of working in virtual machine.
- Working experience in using network traffic generators like Ixia, Spirent etc.,
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Linux operating system.
- Advanced networking knowledge and experience in Layer 2 (Switching Concepts) and/or Layer 3(Routing concepts), security (802.1x, RADIUS), wireless protocols.
- Problem solving skills, communication skill and creative thinking.
- Self-starter and motivated.
- Good spoken and written English
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top