Network Operations Center Support
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce. Enterprise Services Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensive Infrastructure Services portfolio that produces better business outcomes for our clients by reducing costs, enabling growth and managing risk. HPE ES ITO combines years of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach to deliver superior value to our clients. For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise. This position is based in the HP Malaysia center within the Network Operations team. The Network Operations Center (NOC) Support Level 2 represents the next layer technical line of Network support to the client before DPS (Level 3). He or She has accountability to manage and drive incident that pertain to the NOC in Malaysia. This individual works closely with the Level 1 technical resources, DPS Level 3 support and the first level management. He or She expected to work follow the documented instruction at all times.
- Accurate keyboarding skills
- Strong interpersonal and telephone skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems in a systematic and logical manner. Maintain good communications with all relevant parties throughout troubleshooting process.
- Customer focus
- High level of initiative and extremely motivated
- Demonstrates keen interest in continuous learning and professional development
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned tasks, problems and requests.
- Ability to collaborate and cooperate with other members of team, and members of other teams.
- Ability to identify problems and issues (technical, process, people) encountered and highlight to team leads and managers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work in a team and independently if necessary.
- Ability to work in shifts (24×7 coverage
- Incident management – work on incidents elevated from Level 1 from monitoring or phone.
- Incident management – work on incidents ticket from Helpdesk.
- Problem management – trigger problem management – e.g. through observation of trends and defined Chronic.
- Change management – routine change execution with prepared instruction, low impact changes.
- Operations management – Respond client queries via email, handle client call and etc.
- Past experience with Service Improvement/Service Management
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to build strong relationships with staff
- Ability to manage matrix teams to get excellent results
- Excellent motivational skills
- Exposed to quality methodologies and able to apply data analysis to drive continuous improvement
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written communication skills, strong command of English Language) and proven experience of working across cultures and boundaries.
Education and Experience:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (Good to have)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (Good to have)
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (Good to have)
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (Good to have)
- Checkpoint Certified System Administrator (Good to have)
- Bachelors Degree in any discipline – Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in IT OR
- Diploma in IT – Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in IT
- *2 years experience administering WANs (Lease-Line or Frame- Relay, or ISDN or HDLC or ATM, T1 or E1 or MPLS etc), LANs, TCP/IP, VLAN, switching and routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP
- *2 years experience diagnosing network problems and knowledge of network security.
- Strong knowledge in TCP/IP protocol
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of VOIP (good to have)
- Strong troubleshooting skills in Cisco switches, routers, IOS and CatOS (optional) command.
- Network appliances (DNS, DHCP, NTP) knowledge will be added advantage
- Good communication and customer service skills and the ability and desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Advantage for ANY experience with Load Balancer(Cisco, F5), Wireless Controllers(Cisco, Aruba), WAN Optimizer(Riverbed), Proxy(Blue Coat)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
- Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
- Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
- Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
- Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
- If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top