Network Function Virtualization (NFV) Solution Architect
Network Function Virtualization (NFV) Solution Architect
Are you looking for a problem-solving technical gig with one of the most impactful tech companies in the world?
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we're building the future—one big idea at a time. Ready to unleash your professional potential? Our employees use their experience and scientific knowledge to develop, modify, design, and test products, software, systems, and processes—and help drive our growth as a technology leader. If solving the world's biggest challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
HPE is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for an opportunity as a Network Function Virtualization (NFV) Solution Architect in Plano, TX. Candidates must be based in the Plano area, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense; no relocation assistance available.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to work on the products we deliver and support, so that while gaining experience as a Network Function Virtualization (NFV) Solution Architect, you can develop expertise which can lead to future careers within HPE.
About the Network Function Virtualization (NFV) Solution Architect
This position will serve This individual will be responsible for all technical aspects of HPE's delivery on this project.
As part of the US Communications Media Solutions Delivery group, you will work as the chief technical point of contact, delivering and supporting a complex Network Function Virtualization (NFV) solution deployed in the network of a leading US telecommunications provider.
At HPE, Solution Architects (SAs) are responsible for delivering business value to customers by architecting effective information systems solutions that address the customer's business problems, needs and opportunities, in a manner consistent with the company's strategic and business goals.
SA's have knowledge of architectural frameworks, methodologies, and tools and understand how to apply this knowledge to successfully deliver customer projects. They also:
- establish and maintain a professional working relationship at multiple levels both internally and with the customer by understanding the customer's business context and their unique situation.
- collaborate with both internal and external/industry experts to anticipate customer needs in order to facilitate the definition and development of the solution.
- are strong supporters of the professional development framework for their profession, and use the knowledge and best practices derived from their professional associations to the benefit of their customers.
- collaborate with project managers to ensure effective and efficient development, delivery, deployment, operation and support of these IS solutions, as well as with the account team, to meet or exceed revenue, product, customer satisfaction, and market share goals for their assigned accounts.
Specific Role Responsibilities
- Meets with and assesses customer requirements, determines gaps from current product features, and develops solutions to meet customer requirements
- Works with Product Management to successfully deploy applications
- Architects custom solutions of Services and Resources Orchestration
- Defines and implements architectural governance at the program and operational scope
- Leads architecture team in architecture activities for complex, medium to large NFV opportunities
- Assess business impact of multiple technologies/strategies for Services and Resources orchestration
- Identify and address technical or operational risks
- Collaborates with the project manager to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures for large NFV projects
- Develop and deliver sales presentations at CEO/COO/CIO levels for large, complex NFV opportunities
- Using HPE tools like NFV Director (NFV-D) and Services Director, but is not limited to tool deployment
Education and Experience Required
- 10+ years' experience engineering voice and data networks for the telecommunications industry
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced degree desirable.
- 1+ year experience with network orchestration and automation
- 2+ years' experience with OpenStack
- 1+ year experience with ETSI NFV standards
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Able to design an NFV solution that completely and correctly addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity without unnecessary enhancements
- Relates risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution with other client efforts or projects (use of internal knowledge of organization; trusted advisor relationship)
- Ability to apply knowledge of how the telecommunications industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, ETSI technical standards, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers
- Has pulse on future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business directions ("trusted advisor" role)
- Ability to apply program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of targeted goals for large NFV projects
- Successfully works on project teams (individual success is defined by how the organization works as a team, including resource and skill sharing across the organization)
- Positions the company offerings against the competition
- Demonstrates excellent consultative, solution selling skills
- Collaborates effectively with the project manager to manage regional and global projects as necessary.
- Build and manage long-term, strategic relationships at CEO and CIO level
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a credible image
Thanks for taking the time to review our job! If you think it is a match to your experience and interests, please apply today—we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
If you are seeing this job posting somewhere other than the HPE Careers website, you may apply by following these instructions:
- Log onto www.hpe.com/jobs
- Sign in, or create and confirm an account
- Click "Search Jobs", then enter job number – 1007530
- Complete full application process
About HPE Communications Solutions Business (CSB)
Customer expectations of the communications industry are changing rapidly. Success favors Communication Service Providers (CSPs) which invent, then reinvent, at warp speed. HPE CSB is the partner with both a telco pedigree and the IT expertise to help major CSPs transform into more agile Digital Service Providers, so they can quicken time-to-value, more successfully operationalize solutions, and overcome the inhibitors to achieving service agility in today's hybrid IT environment. With CSB's portfolio of NFV, MANO, OSS and IoT products, solutions and services, the future is here today!
About HPE Communications and Media Solutions
Today's environment is complex and time is critical for the world's largest global telecom, satellite, and cable service providers, so these customers need proactive support available at their fingertips. Through a set of proactive and enhanced reactive product and service offerings, HPE Communications and Media Solutions (CMS) consultants deliver knowledgeable, personalized services and an unmatched level of support for these complex environments, enabling these service providers to streamline operations, ensure better service levels, drive efficiency, and reduce operational costs to help them focus on their core business. The availability of consistent, focused attention and expertise are key to improving overall service performance, increasing uptime, and achieving service objectives with their own customers, while enhancing their return on investment (ROI).
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Tomorrow belongs to the fast, and Hewlett Packard Enterprise is in the acceleration business!
To help companies accelerate, we've created a new company, one that defines transformation—and defies "business as usual". In the fast-paced, quick-release environment of the future, you need to be constantly ready for change, be resourceful, and be highly adaptable to the ever-changing business landscape.
HPE is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is not only the company best equipped to build a bridge from where enterprise IT is today, to where it needs to be, but HPE is also an incredible place to build a career. As the only company that brings it all—software, hardware, services, and talented people with the right mindset—we help organizations innovate, stay competitive, and quickly turn ideas into value.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top