Network Engineer Load Balancer Specialist
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking a dynamic, analytical, and proactive Network professional to join our team. The successful candidate will have with excellent technical and communication skills. The individual will be responsible for delivering the design, implementation and configuration of medium to large-scale network infrastructures, along with business responsibilities within the delivery organization.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services aspires to be a strategic partner in helping our more than 1,000 business and government clients in 90 countries better serve their customers and citizens. We work to overcome their IT challenges, collaborating to make technology work for them, anytime and anywhere. To make it matter, so they can achieve more. With a dedication to quality and innovation, we deliver IT consulting, systems integration, and applications development. Enterprises can also outsource IT functions and management to us in areas like infrastructure and business processes. These efforts enable organizations to take the best advantage of cloud computing, information optimization and enhanced security measures to achieve their goals.
Reporting to the Canadian Network Delivery Manager, the Network Delivery Team is responsible for the efficient delivery of network projects. Working with the Client, Project Managers, other capabilities and the team member you will create and implement network designs that align to our common architecture, meet or exceed the solution design parameters and ultimately help our clients drive their business forward.
- Interacts with project managers and the client to understand the network requirements
- Extract Key elements from high level solution documents to create a detailed design
- Build base infrastructure to HPE and client standards
- Create engineering work orders to augment or modify existing infrastructure
The successful candidate will have:
- Deep knowledge on specific client or multiple clients technical environments
- Detailed understanding on client businesses and operations
- Primary pointof contact for network project delivery
- Use/support development of technical guides is being used for that specific client deliverables
- Deep technical knowledge on HPN and Cisco Technologies
- Advanced network design and troubleshooting skills for LAN and WAN, including mainly routing protocols, i.e. OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, etc.
- Ensure all delivery documents are peer reviewed
- Take part of Business Requirements meetings, leading technical discussions
- Take part of Requirements definition approval and sign-off
- Lead/Support Technical Project Design creation
- Lead/Support Technical Project Implementation Plan creation
- Support Overall Technical Delivery for the client
- Medium to Complex projects delivery, involving advanced LAN and WAN technologies including routing, switching load balancing, Firewalls and load Balancers
- Change Management Owner for network project delvierables
- Change Coordinator
- Change Success Assurance
- Take part of Post implementation Reviews of failed changes, including RCA and action plan
- Ensure diagrams and documentation is up to date and peer reviewed;
- Provide technical support to Network Operations team when supporting SEV 1 incidents or any client business impacting situation
- Work on Problem Records resolution involving engineering
- Identify and address technical or operational risks
You will also be responsible to:
- Identify risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution based on similar efforts done with other customers
- Develop specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into specific technology or operational recommendations
- Apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in: Computing Sciences, Information System or related areas
- 2-4 years of experience with networking and infrastructure/troubleshooting
- 204 years of experience working with enterprise customers delivering infrastructure projects/operations support
- Cisco CCNA Certification & CCNP preferred.
- HP AIS Certification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High commitment to business and personal integrity and professionalism
- Solid background in network delivery infrastructure/Model
- Postgraduate or Masters in co-related areas desirable
- Cisco CCNP Certification
- HPN ASE or/and MASE certification
- ITIL Foundation or Intermediate level certification
Nice to have
- 2-4 years designing an deploying networks services of Low to medium complexity
- CORE Technologies – Routing/switching & load balancing
- TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF EIGRP, Spanning tree, VLAN, VXLAN, ACLs and supporting protocols
- DNS, NTP, DHCP, Network analysis/forensics
- Primary – CISCO, HPN, F5
- Secondary InfoBlox, CITRIX/RADWARE/Netscalar, Alteon
- Understanding of Firewall (Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper) and security devices ( IDS/IPS)
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
https://www.facebook.com/HPECareers or https://twitter.com/HPE_Careers
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top