Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services is one of the world’s leading services organizations, serving more than 400 of the Fortune 500 companies and more than 1,000 businesses and government agencies in 135 countries. We help our clients focus their IT investments to better engage with their customers, manage risk, tackle the explosion of data, and transition to a new style of IT. Through our seven interconnected practices, we advise, transform, and advance each enterprise, no matter where they are in their journey. We also bring the best of HPE together to deliver innovative solutions that matter to our clients. Leveraging HPE’s portfolio we offer end-to-end solutions for today’s IT environments.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE Enterprise Services as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
Your key tasks
- Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical design solution to the problem as identified by the Project/Technical Manager. Often responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions. Is often the Principal Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise technology solutions.
- Regularly leads in the technical assessment and delivery of specific technical solutions to the customer. Provides a team structure conducive to high performance, and manages the team lifecycle stages.
- Coordinates implementation of new installations, designs, and migrations for technology solutions in one of the following work domains: networks, applications or platforms.
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to others on proposal efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions. Provides input to company strategy moving forward.
- Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements. Responds to requests for technical information from customers. Develops customer technology solutions using various industry products and technologies.
- Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation.
- Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a community (e.g. team, practice, or project). Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use requirements of project. Contributes significant knowledge to job family community.
- Proactively encourages membership and contributions of others to professional community and coaches others in area of expertise. Regularly produces internally published material such as knowledge briefs, service delivery kit components and modules, etc. Presents at multi-customer technology conferences.
- Creates and supports sales activities. Manages bids, or major input into the sales lifecycle. Manages activities and provides qualitative and quantitative information for successful sales. Produces complete proposals for smaller engagements within area of expertise. Actively grows company portfolio with existing customers through new opportunities and change management. Assists with multiple customers. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Sustained and consistent contribution at the work group level.
What do we expect?
- 8 years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, three additional years of relevant professional experience (11 years in total).
- Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to design and scope multiple deliverables across a number of technologies.
- Has demonstrated innovation and communication of new deliverables and offerings. Has led team in the delivery of multiple deliverables across multiple technologies.
- Ability to develop solutions that enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of a particular customer’s enterprise. Has contributed to the design and application of new tools. Ability to re-use existing experience to develop new solutions to take to market.
- Possesses an understanding, at a detailed level, of architectural dependencies of technologies in use in the customer’s Information Technology (IT) environment. Frequently uses product and application knowledge along with internals or architectural knowledge to develop solutions. A recognized expert in one or more technologies within own technical community and also at regional level. Holds a vendor or industry certification in at least one discipline area.
- Able to communicate with internal and external senior management confidently and demonstrate the professionalism of the job family.
- Ability to work in a multi technology environment with the ability to diagnose complex technical problems to their root cause. In addition to troubleshooting skills and consulting skills, has ability to summaries prognosis and impact at practice lead level. Ability to adapt a consulting style appropriate to the situation and can identify up-sell opportunities.
- Be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of market dynamics, an industry area, commercial issues, and technical concerns whilst maintaining depth in core focus area.
- Ability to present within own area of expertise as part of a customer sales presentation, putting forward domain-specific information within the context of an company sales campaign. Has demonstrated ability to lead others in the gathering of requirements, designs, plans and estimates. Able to produce complete proposals for smaller engagements within own area of expertise.
- Demonstrates broad knowledge in other technical areas in order to properly manage complex integration efforts. Demonstrates application of technical expertise in successful engagements involving multiple disciplines.
- Able to independently complete solution implementation or application design deliverables.
- Able to manage a team of consultants in the completion of one or more solution requirements, architecture, or implementation deliverable.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top