This position is located in either Boise, ID, El Paso, TX, Clarksville, VA or Charleston, WV.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE is looking for a Network Administrator to support the FDA to monitor and maintain a production environment includes routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, and proxies.
Other responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Implement communications technologies (data only). Manage network services from planning phase through implementation. Solid knowledge of routing protocols, network hardware and software, security technologies and network infrastructure.
- Plan and execute Network/Security changes and ensure performance and security are maintained.
- Establishing security (firewalls), connectivity and access parameters and provide recommendations to optimize network infrastructure.
- Make recommendation to architects for improvements.
- Work with vendors to resolve issues and platform upgrades.
- Escalation support is required and mandatory.
- Certifying solutions prior to deploying it into production environments.
- Work with architects to understand changes and provide input as required
Education and Experience Required:
Able to obtain a Public Trust.
At least two years of professional experience in the areas listed below and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree or related area of study.
- Firewall Technologies
- Security Practices (Audits, planning, design, implementation, testing, and management)
- LAN/WAN/MAN internetworking technology
- Policy and Procedure review and implementation
- Networking and Application Protocols
- Network monitoring via SNMP, NetFlow
- Other Security controls in a variety of shapes & sizes
- Experience with assessments
- Experience with the installation, configuration, integration and management of firewalls, proxy servers, and routing equipment
- Must have knowledge and skills in the fundamentals of IP and core IP technologies
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent technical writing and documentation skills
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and others
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top