Hewlett Packard Enterprise – Enterprise Services (HPE ES) is a leading global technology services provider delivering out sourcing services and business solutions to clients around the world. HPE ES founded the information technology outsourcing industry nearly a half-century ago and today delivers one of the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services available on the market today.
- Participates as a member of development team or teams; may lead a small development team.
- Designs units for others. Completes development to implement complex components.
- Contributes to design activities; may design solutions.
- Develops independently; participates in code reviews and may lead code reviews. May lead and provide mentoring and guidance to less senior developers.
- Designs, prepares and executes unit tests.
- Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to maintain one or more technology areas (e.g. Web-site Development).
- Applies company and 3rd party technologies to complex software solutions of moderate complexity.
- Independently implements end-user or enterprise solutions complexity or services prepared by more senior technologists for more complex solutions.
- May assign work to others.
- Provides time / resource estimates for assigned tasks.
- May provide time / resource estimates for assigned projects.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a technical Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years related experience or a Master’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- More than 6 years experience writing code using languages such as (and not limited to) COBOL, PL/1, Java, C, C , C#, VB.Net.
- Ability to work with Web-development tools for new applications.
- Basic Understanding of RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle. Basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO).
- Experience on one or more full release project life cycles.
- Strong understanding of modern SCM (software configuration management).
- Basic understanding of testing tools and unit and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
- Experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio).
- Strong understanding basic Database Administration.
- Able to apply consistently quality and security standards.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Developing general project management/team leader skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and with clients.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HPE’s Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HPE Accommodation Policy.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top