Hewlett Packard Enterprise is leading the charge in delivering the “New Style of IT” and HPE is investing in Canada. With the introduction of a Regional Delivery Centre in Winnipeg HPE has confirmed that Winnipeg will be the Regional Delivery Centre for Canada. As a member of a quickly growing team one of the first hires into the Centre you will be involved in shaping the Data Engineering offerings within the Centre. If you are serious about continuing to develop your skills in Information Systems as a senior member of a support team then this is the assignment for you.
The Winnipeg RDC is a partnership of the core practices/disciplines of applications development, applications maintenance, data engineering and business intelligence. The RDC is led by Applications Delivery Services and is the primary practice providing applications development and applications maintenance staff in Canada.
Help us grow and mature so that our success and your success grow together as you embark on an exciting new career.
The Candidate will be required to perform any or all of the following:
- Design/develop enterprise-scale custom .NET solutions.
- Contributes to the development and evolution of HP reusable assets.
- Participates as a member of a design/development team or may lead a small team.
- Must be up-to-date with Microsoft .NET development technologies and stated directions, and able to engage in hands-on delivery.
- Experience with Microsoft’s Software Factory approach, and approaches to automated code-generation for large projects using formal Design Patterns.
- Identify and address technical or operational risks.
- Collaborates with the project manager to provide estimates and to assists in developing work breakdown structures for project deliverables for which they are accountable.
- Participates in or lead code reviews.
- Provide application support including trouble ticket resolution and potentially off hours support.
The ideal qualified candidates will have six or more years of experience and be well conversant with the different patterns used in software architecture and their fit and applicability in the overall solution architecture. Demonstrated experience with software design and solutions with three or more years of experience in a role requiring analysis skills. Technical qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Use Case Analysis
- Strong conceptual understanding of the Object Oriented Programming practices and ability to visualize the software solutions
- Conceptual understanding of distributed computing and n-Tier architectures
- Should have demonstrated experience mentoring others in .NET technologies
- Practical experience with integration of third party packages in an enterprise solution
- Experienced in the software development processes and best practices for both Iterative and Incremental projects and Agile projects.
- Experienced with of architectural frameworks, methodologies, and tools; able to apply this knowledge to ensure successful application delivery.
- Proven technical ability and experience leading large enterprise level development projects.
- A good working technical knowledge and experience leading .NET development projects using current .NET, Visual Studio, WCF, WF, and Team Foundation Server technologies.
- A good working knowledge of RDBs. Desirable that this knowledge is for MS SQL Server and that there is also practical experience with SSRS.
- Desirable: mcsd or msad certifications in Microsoft Technologies such as .NET, BizTalk, and SharePoint. Strong understanding of legacy Microsoft technologies an asset ( VB6 ). Experience in workflow and business rules technologies highly desirable.
This role is physically located in Winnipeg, MB – no other location will be considered
Education and Experience Required:
Industry experience – Five or more years of experience, Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
HPE creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HPE brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HPE’s Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HPE Accommodation Policy.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top