Hewlett Packard Enterpriseis a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutionsto its clients. Hewlett PackardEnterprise delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology,applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in themanufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media andentertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; andto governments around the world.
Governments turn toHewlett Packard Enterprise to help reduce costs, streamline processes andoperate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the servicesthey provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabledus to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
The HealthcareOrganization of HPE is seeking a Mumps Developer.
In support of VeteransAffairs, developers research and resolve defects for multiple VA applications.Tools used include the IBM Rational suite, Remedy IT Services Management fordefect reporting, and the FORUM patch tracking system. VM developer positionrequires expert knowledge of the MUMPS programming language, FileMan utilities,and much of the underlying frameworks and application programming interfaces.
Participates as a memberof and leads development teams.
Designs units for others.
Completes development toimplement complex components.
Designs solutions forothers to develop.
Participates incross-functional teams.
Leads design activities.
May provide mentoring andguidance to developers.
Designs, prepares andexecutes unit tests. Represents team to clients.
Demonstrates technicalleadership, and exerts influence outside of immediate team.
Develops innovative teamsolutions to complex problems.
Contributes to strategicdirection for teams.
Applies in-depth or broadtechnical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or moretechnology areas (e.g. Web-site Development).
Applies company and 3rdparty technologies to complex software solutions of moderate complexity.
Independently implementsend-user or enterprise solutions of significant complexity.
Integrates technicalexpertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for clients.
Consults with team membersand other organizations, clients and vendors on complex issues.
Assigns work to others.
Technical leadership ofassigned project.
Provide time / resourceestimates for assigned projects.
May develop innovativesolutions to complex business and technology problems.
B.S. in Computer Science orhave equivalent work experience preferred.
3 years’ experience in M(MUMPS) programming preferred.
Experience working in astructured environment.
Prefer knowledge of healthcare systems.
Knowledge of VA FileManand other VA software development tools preferred.
Knowledge of VA VistALegacy environment, FORUM and Rational Tools preferred
Demonstrates strongcommunications skills.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience writing codeusing languages such as (and not limited to) MUMPS, Delphi, COBOL, PL/1, Java,C, C , C#, VB.Net. Advanced ability to work with Web-development tools for newapplications.
- Advanced understandingof RDBMS databases such SQL Server and Oracle.
- Advanced understandingof modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO).
- Experience on multiplefull release project life cycles. Advanced understanding of modern SCM.
- Advanced understandingof testing tools and unit test and integration test scripting, and testingmethodologies.
- Advanced experienceusing an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, Visual Studio) anddevelopment of tool add-ins. Strong understanding of basic DatabaseAdministration.
- Able to define qualityand security standards. Good verbal and written communication and negotiationskills.
- General projectmanagement/team leader skills. Ability to work effectively in a globally dispersedteam and with clients and vendors.
- Must be a US Citizen ora US Permanent Resident
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top