Multi-Country Payroll Manager
“Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.”
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
Manage team responsible for all aspects of payroll administration in a multi-country environment including Payments, Taxation, garnishments, accounting, banking, issue/resolution, while remaining compliant with Federal, State and local laws and legislation.
- Ensure processes are documented, efficient and well-controlled through annual business continuity testing and accuracy measures.
- Plan and manage priorities; how resources are utilized to achieve operational and strategic initiatives.
- Manage Payroll escalations. Perform root-cause analysis of escalated employee issues, identifies trends, and make recommendations and sound decisions regarding resolution.
- Oversee Payroll upgrades including change management efforts and communication plans, necessary training, and user documentation and communication.
- Manage and successfully implement initiatives associated with new legislation, mergers/acquisitions, associated system and applications, and/or enhancements to existing processes or functionality (includes policy development to manage risk and exposure; system upgrades, enhancements and patches); including requirements analysis and documentation, design/build oversight, testing and deployment; post implementation support and transition to ongoing operations. Effectively partner with other departments to ensure needs are met through effective and documented requirements, test plans, implementation plans, operating procedures and controls.
- Drive for continuous improvement by identifying and recommending solutions to address opportunities for improving existing process to further streamline and optimize operational effectiveness within Payroll.
- Manage, coach, and develop a team to enable individuals to reach their highest potential resulting in a high performing team. Provide direction, knowledge and support to team members as needed.
- Provide overall prioritization of work assignments and management of functional team resources and their activities. Effectively and efficiently manage priorities, workload, and resources in support of both ad hoc requests and strategic initiatives.
- Manage and partner with Payroll service providers.
- Implement Six Sigma Quality Initiatives
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with stakeholder groups to ensure project/programs/operations meet business needs e.g. HR, HRIT, Benefits, Compensation, Finance, Audit, Staffing, HR Business Partners.
Education and Experience Required:
- 5 years of payroll operations.
- 3 years of management experience, effectively developing people, assessing performance, and leading a diverse team across multiple locations.
- Possess extensive, in depth knowledge of every aspect of payroll processing including payroll processes, taxation, stock options and vesting, garnishments, general ledger, account reconciliations, as well as mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
- Demonstrated vendor management, and project leadership experience.
- The ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and operations on time.
- Excellent judgment, decision-making, and analytical skills. Strong planning and execution skills.
- Highly developed problem solving skills, including identification and execution of key analyses, ability to synthesize and present compelling recommendations.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, an analytical problem solving approach, customer service orientation and results driven. Ability to communicate at all levels of an organization and clearly articulate business needs to internal partners and external vendors.
- Ability to prioritize work, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and initiative to improve processes.
- Ability to operate effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced, and results-oriented environment, and be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Strong communication and teaming/interpersonal skills; strong leadership capabilities, and ability to initiate and maintain cross-team relationships at all levels.
- Individual must possess strong influencing, negotiation, research, and time and resource management skills.
- Knowledge of SAP and /or PeopleSoft Payroll.
- Certified Payroll Professional a plus
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top