Monitor & Batch Cycle Support Operator
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensive Infrastructure Services portfolio that produces better business outcomes for our clients by reducing costs, enabling growth and managing risk. HPE ES ITO combines years of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach to deliver superior value to our clients.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
Your key tasks
The Computer Operator primarily performs batch processing of data files on computer systems within multiple environments. The Operator documents shift activities and completes checklists as well as coordinates and communicates with a diverse group of computer professionals. The Operator starts, suspends or terminates processing activities and documents these activities accordingly. The Operator also utilizes a help-desk ticketing system and an incident reporting system for issue management
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; may hold 2 year post-high school Degree (technical field); may hold Bachelor’s degree.
- May hold entry level certification(s) in field of work.
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel
- Typically, 2-4 years of working experience in related fields.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Must have at least one year of experience in batch cycle processing
- Needs experience in automated job scheduling (CA AutoSys experience a plus)
- Needs exceptional documentation and communication skills
- Should possess great attention to detail for complex processing activities
- Must have the ability to support flexible shifts (days and nights) and to be available to work on weekends and some holidays
- Should work well independently without frequent supervision
- Should be able to effectively communicate and coordinate with testers, system engineers, database administrators, on-call personnel and management
- Experience in application support/cycle monitoring
- Learn the Cycle flow and be able to react quickly to cycle situations/abends.
- Update abend log or/and support documentation on a daily basis.
- Ability to look for other documentation (other than project’s) to support abend/error codes.
- Strong investigative and troubleshooting skills for rapid problem resolution
- Unix experience
- Xerox Hi-speed printing
- Previous experience in the health care field
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
- Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
- Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
- Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top