Mobility and Workplace Support / Global Service Desk
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensive Infrastructure Services portfolio that produces better business outcomes for our clients by reducing costs, enabling growth and managing risk. HPE ES ITO combines years of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach to deliver superior value to our clients.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
- Apply deep and broad technical background and knowledge of industry trends to operate critical or high-risk technology areas/customer groups.
- Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and for customers. Mentor/consult with team members, other organizations, customers, and vendors on the most complex issues.
- Incident Management: Resolve technical and business incidents independently. Mentor/assist less-experienced team members on complex incidents.
- Escalation Management: Identify, manage, and lead escalations through L5.
- Problem Management: Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent the most complex problems from occurring across teams/technologies.
- Change Management: Independently review and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and risk to meet customer and/or trade/company Information Technology infrastructure needs. Lead or participate in a Change Advisory Board or Technical Advisory Board.
- Patch and Security Management: Provide input to security policies. Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance. Analyze patches for compatibility with each customer or internal infrastructure environment. Approve patch and security changes.
- Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
- Solution Design: When justified by business needs, customize or create company solutions to meet highly complex customer and/or trade/companyIT infrastructure needs across technology areas. Provide feedback to create new company solution sets.
- Quality: Provide feedback/influence change in internal and/or vendor provided products/service offerings.
- Project Management: Participate, propose, and/or lead exceptionally complex customer and internal projects, including transformation, across technology customers and/or internal businesses/end user’s areas. Mentor/provide review/advice to other projects inside/outside responsibility areas.
- Customer Relationship Management: Analyze customers and/or internal businesses/end users’ business, organization, and information systems needs with objective of helping to construct, sell, and deliver service solution offerings to satisfy those needs based on company’s Managed Services portfolio. Seen by customers or internal businesses/end users. as a trusted advisor.
- Teamwork: Lead or work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, and/or multifunctional, and addressing highly complex issues. Trusted advisor inside and outside team/technology area. Typically advises or sets direction for:
- All customers
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master’s degree in related field. Often holds advanced-level certifications in work field. Typically 10 years of relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Typical skills include:
- (Master) in one or more technology areas
- (strong ) understanding of related technologies
- (strong) Customer Service
- General Project Management
- (strong) Influencing Others
- (strong) Customer/Vendor Management
- Business Analysis
- General Financial Management
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top