Mission Critical Server Sales Specialist
- About HPE:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company and ranked 10 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012, HPE brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients. And at HPE, we know that our people and values are the most important elements in this success.
Mission Critical Systems (MCS) & Converged Infrastructure Solutions:
Mission Critical Systems (MCS) delivers mission-critical servers that drive key value for HPE by integrating Storage, Networking, and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise compute environments and deliver a Converged Infrastructure that enables customers to increase agility, lower the cost of operations and drive innovation into their businesses. Hosted within BCS, the Converged Applications Systems group develops a performance-optimized portfolio of Appliances and Solutions, which are based on HPE and partner applications and software and extend to the application the Converged Infrastructure strategy.
- Responsible for creating and driving their sales pipeline.
- Capture leads outside of specialization and use closed-loop lead management to ensure assignment and follow-up by others.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors in account to strategically position company’s products and services better.
- Use specialty expertise to seek out new opportunities and expand and enhance existing opportunities to build the pipeline in and drive pursuit.
- Provide support to Enterprise Account Managers (EAM’s) and provide input regarding business development and solution expertise.
- Development of quota objectives and future direction for defined product category, i.e. MCS and ISS (Industry Standard Servers)
- Establish a professional, working and consultative relationship with the client, up to and including the C-level for mid-to-large accounts, by developing a core understanding of the unique business needs of the client within their industry.
- Will invest time working with and leveraging from external partners to deliver sales.
- Directs or coordinates supporting sales activities
Scope and Impact
Works on company’s larger accounts.
May perform project management role.
Invest time working external partners.
Significant percentage of time spent directly with customer; interfaces with all levels, including highest within customer organization.
May develop business plan in conjunction with customer.
Typically assigned higher than average quota.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s degree (desired)
- Directly related previous work experience.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, diversity of business customer and higher level customer interface.
- Extensive selling experience within industry and on similar products.
- Typically 8-12 years of advanced sales experience.
- Project management skills required.
- 2-3 years of product sales in the desired specialty, i.e. Server product portfolio.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Is considered an expert in knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor’s offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
- Understands the industry and market segment in which key accounts are situated, and integrates this knowledge into consultative selling.
- Understands and applies program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure successful pursuit.
- Understands the role of IT within area of specialization and how company’s solutions differentially address specific vertical industry challenges as well as their cross-segment capabilities
- Account planning and accurate account revenue forecasting skills.
- Collaborates with management and sales teams in shared accounts to ensure seamless integration of specialist sales with other sales activities.
- Cultivates & maintains positive relationships with customers to ensure account retention & growth, and position company as the preferred vendor for meeting all business needs
- Excellent project management skills.
- Establishes a professional working relationship, up to the executive level, with the client.
- Demonstrates leadership and initiative in successfully driving specialty sales in accounts – prospecting, negotiating and closing deals.
- Demonstrates high service or product knowledge and professionalism in researching and sharing service-related information with account teams and customers.
- Deep knowledge of products, solution or service offerings as well as competitor’s offerings.
- Understands how to leverage company’s portfolio and change the playing field on our competitors.
- Utilizes Sales Force as an expert and accurately forecasts business.
- Leverages services as part of strategic product sales.
- Maintain expertise of industry trends, associated solutions, and key partner/ISV solutions.
- Maintains expertise on IT at all levels – new applications, maintenance, typical budgets of the CIO’s, typical objectives, measures, metrics.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top